American Mortgage Network is a Start-up National Mortgage Banking firm based in San Diego, CA lead by a seasoned group of mortgage professionals. We need strong sales professionals with a successful track record looking to be a part of a dynamic sales culture to join our team and help us achieve national success.
This role must develop and maintain relationships with wholesale mortgage brokers for the purpose of originating and funding quality mortgage loans for a specified territory.
- Sales: Manages day-to-day sales activity. Participates in regular calls/meetings with the sales staff, reviewing sales strategies, best practices, new products and product enhancements.
- Marketing: creates and implements marketing plans in order to increase production. Utilizes marketing materials created by corporate, and participates in branch sales promotions, contests, etc.
- Account/Pipeline Management: Develops strategy for building and maintaining account base, utilizing effective sales techniques to generate production necessary to meet and exceed productivity and quality goals; prepares and delivers sales presentations to highlight current or new programs and pricing features, providing marketing/sales tools to aid in the selling of these programs; competently answers questions and structures loan scenarios from clients. Trains approved client base on how to transact business with the company. Gathers and maintains pertinent client account information; gathers competitor information so as to convey the value/benefit of doing business with the company and to better service client expectations and needs.
- Customer Service Provides excellent customer service that meets or exceeds clients’ expectations and that ensures consistent and smooth flow of quality loan files. The following are essential duties and responsibilities associated with servicing customers:
- Receives broker applications from prospective broker customers, reviews for completeness and delivers to the fulfillment center for processing.
- Encourages and instructs brokers how to use available technologies to submit loan applications and credit reports.
- Instructs brokers how to submit “clean,” complete loan files.
- With each broker, clarifies customer service expectations regarding meeting frequency, voicemail and e-mail message retrieval and return, loan file communication, etc. Ensures that Broker Liaison works together with AE to meet broker’s expectations.
- Communicates with brokers regarding loan status, loan scenarios, underwriting decisions and approval conditions effectively so that brokers’ questions and/or concerns are promptly and thoroughly addressed, enlisting the assistance of the Broker Liaison or Underwriter as necessary and appropriate.
- Works with Broker Liaison to establish guidelines and processes for: involving Account Executive in communications with brokers on specific loan files, communicating loan status to brokers, answering brokers’ questions about loan scenarios, discussing underwriting decisions with brokers, requesting information from brokers/clearing approval conditions.
- Answers brokers’ questions during the loan process promptly and thoroughly, enlisting assistance from the Broker Liaison as appropriate and necessary.
- Retrieves and returns brokers’ phone and e-mail messages within the timeframes committed to, according to standards set by direct supervisor.
- When brokers question why certain approval conditions are required on a specific loan, listens to broker’s concerns and then skillfully communicates with Underwriters and brokers in a manner that respects both parties’ position on the loan and maintains broker’s desire to do business with the company.
- When communicating a loan denial decision to brokers, provides a detailed explanation of why the loan was denied and offers suggestions of other loan programs or products that would simultaneously meet the borrower’s, company’s, broker’s and investor/government agency’s needs. Consults with Underwriters as necessary when determining which programs/products to offer.
- When, during loan processing or underwriting, brokers present new information about borrower qualifications or requirements that necessitates changes to the loan program/product being offered, explains pricing changes and/or new required approval conditions in a manner that maintains broker’s desire to do business with Company and that enables the broker to communicate the changes to the borrower in a manner that the borrower still wants the loan.
- When borrower doesn’t exactly qualify for the program/product initially requested, works with Underwriter and broker as appropriate to determine how to re-structure the loan to remain with the program/product initially offered or to recommend a different program/product that will still meet the borrower’s broker’s, company’s and investor/government agency’s needs. During these conversations, communicates in a manner that respects both the Underwriter’s and broker’s positions so that the Underwriter can approve a loan that meets guidelines and the broker still wants to do business with the company.
- Ensures loans submitted by brokers are in borrower’s best interest; if discovered that loan applied for is not in borrower’s best interest, discusses concern with broker and offers loan alternatives to ensure a loan is offered that meets borrower’s needs, while simultaneously creating a solid security for the company.
- Advises brokers of relevant product, policy, procedure and technology changes.
- Emphasizes to brokers, in all types of communications, that our company can be their single-source for all loan originations.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 5+ years experience in the wholesale mortgage industry with strong track record of effective sales experience
- Proven track record of meeting and/or exceeding production, profitability, quality, efficiency and customer service goals.
- Working knowledge of Residential Loan Management Systems
- Working knowledge of Automated Underwriting Systems
- Working knowledge of MS-Excel to create, navigate and manipulate reports
- Working knowledge of MS-Word to compose memos or reports for delivery to current and prospective brokers, branch sales staff, management peers and company executives
- Working knowledge of MS-PowerPoint to create presentations for delivery to current and prospective clients, branch sales staff, management peers and company executives
- Working knowledge of MS-Access or company-specific database software to retrieve and manipulate Broker performance data
- Working knowledge of E-mail Applications and navigating the Internet
- Self Management : Prioritizes and completes tasks in order to deliver desired outcomes within allotted time frames. Independently pursues business objectives in an organized and efficient manner. Prioritizes activities as necessary to meet job responsibilities. Maintains required level of activity toward achieving goals without direct supervision. Minimizes work flow disruptions and time wasters to complete high quality work within a specified time frame.
- Presentation Skills: Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, clients and managers. Is effective both inside and outside the organization. Commands attention and manages group process during the presentation. Can change tactics midstream when something isn’t working. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Problem Solving/Technical Competence: Analyzes all data relative to a problem, using knowledge that is acquired through on-the-job experience to make a sound recommendation or decision. Works with, understands and evaluates technical information in order to select the best options available to solve specific problems. Applies all relevant resources to implement suitable solutions.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations.
- Ability to write business correspondence.
- Excellent client-relations and customer service skills
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers or members of the business community.
- Mathematical proficiency : Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions and percentages. May use calculator to make these calculations. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Bexil American Mortgage Inc. - 13 months ago