The ideal geographical location for this position is Southern California. Other ideal areas include the Portland area, Buffalo, NY, the Boston area and the Northeast in general.
The primary purpose of this position is to develop and execute territory and account strategies to drive revenue growth by growing market share of existing core businesses and identifying and securing new business opportunities. This position will focus on keeping a pipeline of opportunities to achieve sales and growth targets, as well as developing, maintaining, and deepening GB relationships in key accounts.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Adheres to GB Core Beliefs and all safety and quality requirements.
- Manages the entire sales process from prospect initiation to securing commitment with an assigned customer(s) by identifying new opportunities and filling the new product pipeline.
- Owns customer relationship. Is ultimately accountable for everything that goes on with the customer. Clearly understands and articulates the value proposition of the Business. Communicates the total business offering by demonstrating alignment of Business capabilities with customer needs. Develops and implements an account territory plan. Prospects and identifies new opportunities within account and territory while protecting core revenue base.
- Effectively sells the story of the Business to ensure an intimate understanding of who we are, what we represent and what we can offer. Serves as a Business advocate by being able to clearly define what we can offer at a high level to the detail of a specific product offering.
- Executes account and territory plan to achieve annual quota.
- Grow markets share within a territory and account base.
- Identifies and develops new business opportunities within account base and territory.
- Maintains regular communications with key customers within territory/account. Ensures timely communication of problems and opportunities to management or other key GB functional areas and ensures corrective actions are in place when needed.
- Indentifies and develops relationships with critical decision makers in the prospecting phase through regular face to face engagements, understanding customer needs and continued follow up to ensure new quoting opportunities. Is committed to delivering exceptional customer satisfaction while driving territory and account growth objectives.
- Assesses and develops plans to penetrate the various functions within the customer organization and develops deep and broad relationships with key decision makers. Facilitates expansion of key relationships for critical functions between the customer and Greatbatch.
- Develops intimate knowledge of customer, its markets, and their business trends by creating and maintaining an account profile, developing an account strategy and detailing a tactical execution plan.
- Works closely with the Sales and Marketing team members (ie: Applications Engineers, Technical Sales Manager, Marketing, Sales Operations Manager, etc.) and other critical functions to ensure ongoing execution of commercialization strategies.
- Takes ownership of all strategic quotes and contracts, serves as the key negotiator and utilizes the sales operations function to solicit and coordinate feedback internally.
- Understands industry and market trends as well as sales analytics related to customer and translates into targeted opportunities.
- Engages with customers at trade shows, conferences, and industry meetings.
- Performs other functions as required.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field.
Minimum Experience: 5-7 years of experience. Proven experience in selling components and subsystems to customers.
Previous experience in successfully managing long, complex sales cycle and demonstrated ability to call on all levels of the customer from C-Level executives through engineering, manufacturing and procurement organizations. Experience with account and territory management skills and has consistently met or exceeded quota.
- Disciplined and self-directed, process focused approach to managing personal workload and ability to work without day to day supervision.
- Strong sales call planning/execution skills and sales opportunity development and management skills.
- Strong prospecting skills.
- Strong sense of personal accountability and performance orientation.
- Competitive and aggressive, yet able to present the aggressiveness appropriately. Comfortable with conflict and confrontation.
- Demonstrated customer focus and orientation to creating value for the customer.
- Strong work ethic, high results oriented and high tolerance for ambiguity.
- Curious and constantly looking to improve professional and personal performance.
- Must be able to work with and lead teams.
- Organizationally nimble, able to navigate the customer and internal organizations.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, questioning/listening skills, and presentation skills.
- Project and change management skills.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Ability to identify, quantify and present value.
- Excellent problem solving skills and funnel/pipeline management skills.
- Willingness to travel at least 50% of time.