great media. great people. great service.
Emmis Communications is the ninth-largest radio broadcaster in the United States based on the number of listeners. The Emmis culture carries at its heart the belief that in order to succeed a company must take risks, treat its people well and give them the tools they need to win. Emmis has earned this valued reputation by setting high standards for excellence while creating a fun, exciting and innovative workplace, where every individual is a part of the team.
Emmis Austin Radio is a branch of Emmis Communications with a cluster of seven radio stations in Austin, TX. The EAR cluster includes: KLBJ-AM (590), KLBJ-FM (93.7), KGSR (93.3), KROX (101.5), KBPA (103.5), Comedy 102.7, and KLZT (107.1). Emmis Austin Radio h as an immediate opportunity available for an energetic, self-motivated individual to join our sales team. The ideal candidate will be highly driven and success oriented. If you are a qualified candidate and are interested in working for a dynamic company, we encourage you to apply.
Duties include but are not limited to :
- Expand local sales in the Austin market by bringing in new advertisers to the station, generating new leads, and selling non-traditional advertising as well as interactive advertising.
- Develop client relationships, contact key accounts, handling clients at various stages in the sales cycle including account updates, collections, weekly projections and forecast of future advertising.
- Generate packages, negotiate advertising rates, direct creative campaigns and create oral and written presentations.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with buyers and clients.
- Develop short and long range plans for revenue growth.
- Research, analyze, and monitor competitive media for new leads.
- Organization, follow-up, and attention to detail
- Other duties assigned as necessary
- Minimum of two years of outside sales experience.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Excellent public relations skills and computer proficient.
- Ability to travel and work long hours.
- Bachelor degree preferred with an emphasis in Business, Marketing, or Communications.
- Fluency in Spanish is required for the KLZT position.
- Radio experience is preferred but not required.
- Valid driver’s license and state mandated automobile insurance and an acceptable driving record are required.
Please submit a resume and application online at: www.emmis.com .
No phone calls please.
Emmis Communications (NASDAQ: EMMS) is a diversified media corporation with award-winning radio broadcasting, and magazine publishing operations in markets across the country. Emmis is as well-known for its creative culture as for its operations. Our people are aggressive, knowledgeable and deeply committed to each of the communities in which we operate. Because employees are the key to our success, Emmis offers strong benefits and incentives including: health, dental, life insurance, and a 401(k) contribution plan. For more information about Emmis, visit our website at: www. emmis.com .
EMMIS COMMUNICATIONS/EMMIS AUSTIN RADIO
IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER