great media .great people .great service .
Indianapolis Monthly is a general interest publication, which has been awarded more than 500 editorial and art awards both locally and nationally. The magazine has a well educated and affluent readership and is the only magazine in Indianapolis with guaranteed paid circulation figures by the Audit Bureau of Circulation.
Indianapolis Monthly is seeking an energetic, highly confident, hardworking and self-motivated individual who will develop revenue opportunities while also retaining an existing base of clients. A successful Indianapolis Monthly Account Executive is able to seek out and build long-term business relationships while representing the magazine's brand within the community.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Successful candidates will possess the following skills/abilities:
- Expanding sales by bringing new advertisers to the magazine
- Building and generating customer relationships through the creation of strategic marketing plans that meet a client's advertising needs
- Working with clients at various stages in the sales cycle including account updates, collections, weekly projections and forecast of future advertising
- Generating packages, negotiating advertising rates, directing creative campaigns and creating oral and written presentations
- Developing short and long range plans for revenue growth
- Attaining individual monthly, quarterly and annual advertising sales revenue goals
- Seeking custom publishing and non-traditional revenue sales
- Strong persuasive communication skills
- Proven track record of excellence in the sales process
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and work through challenges to provide solutions to clients
- Strong organizational, time management and research skills
- Proficiency in Power Point, Excel, CRM and Word preferred
High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred and a minimum of two years in a related field required.
If you are a qualified candidate and interested in this position, we encourage you to apply by submitting a cover letter, resume and application online at www.emmis.com .
If applying online is not possible, please mail a cover letter and resume to:
40 Monument Circle #100
Indianapolis, IN 46204
ATTN: Keith Phillips, Publisher
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
EMMIS Communications (NASDAQ: EMMS) is a diversified media corporation with award-winning radio broadcasting and magazine publishing operations in markets across the country. EMMIS is as well known for its creative culture as for its operations. Our people are aggressive, knowledgeable and deeply committed to each of the communities in which we operate. Because employees are the key to our success, EMMIS offers strong benefits and incentives, including health, dental and life insurance and a 401(k) contribution plan. For more information about EMMIS, visit our website at www.emmis.com .
EMMIS COMMUNICATIONS/INDIANAPOLIS MONTHLY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER