The Account Executive will have a highly responsible, client facing role, managing and developing existing relationships with our customers. The Account Executive will have responsibility for client retention and growth of existing accounts, and is ultimately responsible for client satisfaction within the organization. The Account Executive will be responsible for managing contract renewals and renegotiations and cultivating relationships at all levels of the customer's organization.
The Account Executive will be responsible for liaising between the agency, agency staff and client to coordinate all Direct Marketing projects and campaigns including email, direct mail, and digital campaigns and involved with alternative and shared media campaigns.
- Maintains frequent client interaction and seeks input regarding client satisfaction.
- Executes projects and manages day-to-day account activities.
- Maintains daily contact with client at appropriate levels.
- Primary liaison between Client Service and all internal departments and team members.
- Ensures all pertinent project information is communicated to appropriate departments/team members.
- Responsible for interpreting client needs into actionable internal direction.
- Develops project cost estimates for production, and manages all print production-related costs.
- Creates production schedules, monitors activity and notifies client of relevant fluctuations.
- Ensures client sign-off/approvals are obtained on all appropriate phases of a project.
- Oversees quality control of project and responsible for notifying supervisor of any resulting financial or client service ramifications.
- Contributes to and promotes account teaming initiatives.
- Bias for action and drive for results. Credibility earned through delivering results. Balances urgent and effective action, commitment to excellence, taking initiative to resolve problems and work quality. Able to take calculated risks.
- Advanced consulting skills with demonstrated ability to successfully influence senior stakeholders.
- Ability to think strategically, and objectively. Effectively translates data into actionable insights and initiatives.
- Builds and sustains excellent relationships at multiple levels in the company. Able to work through complex disagreements and conflict to achieve resolution. Builds trust by including others and by keeping the cross-functional teams focused on the success of the entire company. Uses an appropriate sense of humor to persuade others to act.
- Able to leverage and understand company culture, political climate and knowledge of business priorities to drive to results. Through relationships at multiple levels, influences and collaborates to achieve positive outcome.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or equivalent preferred.
- 3-5 years related experience, preferably in an agency environment.
- Direct Mail experience required, E-Mail, Digital, Alernative, Shared Media campaign experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Direct Marketing experience is required
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Tenacious in meeting deadlines, well organized, adept at managing peak workloads.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain required performance level in a fast paced environment with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Strong organization and project management skills interfacing with all levels within the agency, as well as clients and vendors.
- Exceptional standards for quality and strong attention to detail.
Wanted: Inventors, Storytellers and Change Agents.
Do you act on your ideas? Are you fascinated by the changes going on in the world? Are you a culture junkie? Do the words, “we’ve always done it that way” drive you crazy?
Do you like to connect the dots? Dig into data? Scour the latest trends? Do you believe marketing has changed? Do you surf, tweet, friend, watch, read and explore?
Do you believe that brands need to engage in relevant conversations with their customers that create real value? Conversations that inform, engage and inspire?
Javelin is looking for ambitious change agents that believe the idea comes first, that storytelling is a powerful force that drives branding, video, mobile, websites, social media, direct marketing, email, data and econometrics.
The pace is fast and the rewards are high. Passion required.
Javelin operates within a collaborative framework encompassing multiple investigators and practitioners with a wide variety of expertise....