Responsible for closing profitable sales transactions through researching sales leads, obtaining knowledge of customer organizations, developing customer relationships, building strong business relationships with partners and vendors, and generating product and/or services proposals and quotations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all sales activities in assigned accounts or regions.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from own professional network, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, newspapers, business directories, and other sources.
- Builds and maintains research on prospective and current customers relating to how each customer is organized hierarchically, brands, channels, and key relationships.
- Establishes and maintains current customer and potential customer relationships.
- Gains clear understanding of customer’s business requirements.
- Educates customers on full breadth of solutions offered by Logicalis.
- Creates business cases and high level financial models including ROI and TCO analysis to help in positioning and selling of technology based solutions to solve business problems.
- Prepares presentations, proposals and sales contracts.
- Identifies and resolves customer concerns.
- Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission of Logicalis through performing behaviors consistent with the organization's values.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations as well as policies and procedures of Logicalis in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behaviors.
- Supports and conducts self in a manner consistent with customer service expectations.
While this job has no direct supervisory responsibilities, guidance may be provided to Technical Consultants, Delivery Consultants, Customer Support Representatives, and Inside Sales Representatives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
May consider an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 years demonstrated outside sales experience selling Information Technology products (i.e. HP Storage, Cisco, and IBM) and consulting services/managed services.
- 3 years combining products and services into technology solutions that meet customer’s business needs.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Various vendor certifications may be necessary.
- Outstanding oral, written, and technical/business communication skills.
- Strong customer interaction skills required.
- Self-starter with excellent organizational, administrative and interpersonal skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is constantly required to sit, talk, see, hear, and use hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; move about, climb steps or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Logicalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.