The Account Executive is responsible for selling Qumu Software Solutions to mid-market sized organzations that provide secure video content delivery for on-demand and live streaming solutions. Working from our San Bruno, CA offices , this position will leverage virtual selling strategies to generate sales from customers nationwide in a diverse set of industries and workflow applications. As a startup initiative, this position will be accountable for a rapid ramp in sales while simultaneously having a strong voice in shaping the overall sales process and infrastructure that will fuel aggressive growth targets over the coming years.
• Qualify leads by understanding the customer’s business, product fit, readiness to buy, and proper next steps. Take ownership of mid-market opportunities and transition enterprise-level opportunities to field sales.
• Drive sales results and consistently exceed sales targets by specializing in transforming customer needs into compelling value propositions through virtual-selling strategies (web, phone, social media, etc.).
• Focus on solutions-selling, nurturing relationships, navigating multiple decision-makers, and optimizing business workflows.
• Provide key contributions to the ideas and structure of a robust sales process and sales infrastructure that is modeled after leading industry trends for cloud-based solutions.
• Nurture an internally collaborative and externally-compelling selling environment that is focused on engaging the right resources, overcoming obstacles, and advocating for win-win solutions with customers and partners.
• Maintain a long-term perspective on customer acquisition to create sustained reoccuring revenues.
• Develop expertise in the areas of digital publishing, digital rights management, cloud transport/storage, workflow integration, and content management. Be a solution consultant to your customers.
• Communicate regularly with management, coworkers, and internal teams. Provide continuous input on sales activities, industry trends, new applications, success stories, and product ideas.
• Develop sales disciplines that leverage CRM, pipeline management, and sales forecasting. For each opportunity, identify its current sales stage and expected close date to create a reliable view of upcoming revenue expectations.
• Participate in industry functions and online communities. Become a well-established contributor to the industry that you represent in your selling efforts.
• Bachelor’s degree plus 3 to 5 years of previous related sales experience.
• Experience managing sales opportunities through the entire sales cycle from prospecting to closing.
• Proven sales track record in a virtual sales environment.
• Strong technical background. Demonstrated aptitude for learning and explaining technologies.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Equally effective listening skills.
• Experience building strong business relationships with team members and customers.
• Team player perspective with a willingness to pitch in and do what it takes to move projects forward.
• Strong negotiating skills and the capacity to manage complex sales situations.
• Ability to travel occasionally (10%).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status or marital status or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.
Please read the following information carefully before submitting this application:
· I certify that the information given by me is true in all respects.
· I understand the misrepresentation or omission of facts on this application, on my resume or during any stage of the hiring process will eliminate me from further consideration and if discovered after hire may result in the termination of my employment.
· I understand that the information contained in this employment application or my being invited to participate in any stage of the hiring process is NOT intended to create an employment contract between this Company and myself.
· I understand that employment with this Company is contingent upon several factors, including a satisfactory background and reference check.
By submitting this application, I acknowledge that I have read, understand and agree with the above statements.
Qumu - 17 months ago