Reports to Local Sales Manager or equivalent level position. The purpose of this position is to develop a cable advertising client base and to sell local advertising availabilities to this base. Performs related work as required. There are no positions reporting to the Account Executive. The incumbent is responsible for cultivating and maintaining effective communications and relations with customers and for servicing the account after the initial sale is made.
* Sells local advertising on cable networks to produce revenues for the system.
* Responsible for coordinating traffic orders and other documentation required for commercial insertion.
* Assists in coordinating the production of commercials to air on available channels.
* Serves as a public relations representative, image builder in the local community.
* Delineates statistical information from Arbitron and Neilson to use in placing advertising on the air for customers.
* Prepares weekly and monthly sales activity reports and maintains an accurate client database.
* Performs related work as required.
• Successful media sales or equivalent experience.
• Working knowledge of Power Point, Word, Excel, Outlook, preferred.
• Cable advertising experience preferred.
• Knowledge of the local media market and local contacts preferred.
• Creative and well organized
• High school degree required.
Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education will be considered.
Essential Job Functions:
• Ability to communicate in person, telephone or written in a professional manner.
• Ability to sort and distribute materials
• Ability to use reasoning to problem-solve and troubleshoot
• Ability to give public presentations
CAO - We are willing to think and act BOLDLY for the benefit of our customers and our company!
Suddenlink - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Cequel Communications, which operates through subsidiary Suddenlink, provides cable TV, high-speed Internet access, and phone...