Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the world’s most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the most ethical and sustainable companies.
Position Summary: This position is responsible for Business Development activities within a 250 mile radius of a branch location with a focus on small to mid-size customers with an annual transportation spend of less than $50 million. This position is expected to achieve and maintain a book of business with at least $2 million in annual revenue. Reports to the Branch Manager and works out of an assigned branch office.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
· Developing new business opportunities through research, target customer identification, target customer approval & assignment from corporate. This will also include customer visits & relationship development within the defined geographical area (250 mile radius from branch office).
· Achieve assigned financial budget for volume, revenue and profit.
· Increase market share within assigned existing customer base
· Achieve assigned new account expansion targets
· Obtain opportunities to quote for business, and work jointly with Pricing and Branch Operations to develop Requests for Proposal/Pricing responses
· Successfully close new business and onboard new clients utilizing the YLAT defined on-boarding process
· Use the YLAT defined sales methodology to be consistent with the sales approach across all of YLA,
· Understand the strategies for each core competency within the Transportation Division to include Intermodal Core and ISO and OTR Truck Brokerage
· Use the company CRM as required/defined.
· Create and update account strategies for all assigned accounts.
· Understand the fundamental requirements of a contract
· Participate in sales/branch collaboration meetings
· Understand the Branch Roadmap resulting in selling branch strengths and network requirements.
Performance will be measured by:
· Achieving assigned budget
· Increased market share in existing account base
· Number of new accounts added to the branch portfolio
· Account diversification - one customer should not account for more than 10% of the overall individual’s account portfolio
· Service diversification – improving Intermodal and OTR mix within the branch and individual portfolio
· Meeting annual sales goals as defined
· Quality of customer strategy documents and documentation of sales/branch collaboration meetings
Education and Experience:
Minimum of Associates Degree Required, Bachelors Degree preferred in Business or Transportation/Logistics. Minimum of 2 years of Sales experience in a transportation related industry required, Intermodal and OTR brokerage preferred.
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents. The company also provides short term and long term disability, group life insurance, and AD&D. Additionally there is a generous 401K savings plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit. We offer company-paid skills training, as well as a Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance program and career and advancement opportunities.