Yusen Logistics (Americas) provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the worlds most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the world’s most ethical and sustainable companies.
Meet customer and business needs by securing new transportation and logistics customers as well as maintaining existing accounts within assigned territory. Sales focus is on international air freight and customs brockerage.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Researches potential new accounts and proactively promotes Yusen’s services including warehouse/distribution services, customhouse brokerage. Calls on prospective shippers to develop shipping relationships worldwide both by air and ocean. Follows up introductory letters and brochures with service proposals. These involve obtaining pricing and service capabilities from airlines, SS lines, NVOCC and cartage companies as well as requesting rates and services from overseas offices.
· Maintains current accounts. Works with existing customers on service proposals, rate quotations, new destinations, and air/ocean transportation schedules. Explains volume rates and service agreements, managing ad hoc pricing as required. Offers suggestions in methods of loading, crating and handling freight. Insures that customer understands possible routes, load limits and special equipment availability. Helps interpret export rules and regulations for customers.
· Handles international agent’s sales leads and routine orders. Send sales leads to overseas offices. Prepares sales reports, expense reports, and weekly call reports.
· May assist in the forecasting and budgeting of sales and expenses and is expected to meet sales targets.
· Participates in industry and customer functions and entertains clients.
· Acts as a liaison between customer and operations/U.S. customs to insure customers are serviced properly. May coordinate shipment with shippers, operations, truckers and carriers. Provides management and operations with details of new customers service needs.
· May establish lines of credit through credit dept. for new accounts and may negotiate letters of credit.
· Reports on rates, use of carriers, major operational problems.
· May assist and/or train other sales staff and communicate and follow-up with other U.S. and foreign offices regarding targeted customers.
· Has revenue accountability within an assigned territory or list of accounts.
Education and Experience: Associates’ Degree, Bachelor’s preferred plus four or more years’ related experience in outside sales, freight forwarding, International Operations, logistics, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents. The company also provides short term and long term disability, group life insurance, and AD&D. Additionally there is a generous 401K savings plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit. We offer company-paid skills training, as well as a Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance program and career and advancement opportunities.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc - 15 months ago