Account Management Executive
Source Healthcare Analytics
The Account Management Executive (AME) is the critical link between internal service teams and business partnerships with customers. The AME is the driver of the high service standards that ensure customer retention and satisfaction, with the added opportunity to sell additional services to assigned customers. Working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, the AME will routinely interact with every other department as well as with customers, third party vendors on behalf of customers, consultants, and other involved parties to the business relationship. AME activities include learning and staying informed on the complex and comprehensive Source Healthcare Analytics product line; participating in the sales process for Source Healthcare Analytics (SHA) products to meet or exceed sales goals; driving the planning phase or supporting the Practice Consultant/Lead with large assigned new implementations; driving the build, testing, and implementation phases or supporting the Practice Consultant/Lead with large assigned new implementations; ensuring smooth transition to the support phase and providing ongoing customer support for assigned customers; providing exceptional customer service that maintains or increases current customer satisfaction levels; and representing SHA within the industry and territory.
Specific responsibilities and requirements follow.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
Learns full line of Source Healthcare Analytics products aligned to the service function, with expert level knowledge of products in practice area, including features, benefits, pricing, intended use, value proposition and competitive position in order to effectively serve clients by engaging in self-directed learning; studying information provided by product management and marketing in timely manner; attending and engaging fully in SHA University training conducted for clients whenever possible; researching and learning how the products fit into customer processes and contribute to their business performance; reviewing competitor information to be able to compare and contrast with SHA products; and developing awareness and basic knowledge of other SHA products within separate divisions that may contribute to selling success.
- Participates in the sales process for Source Healthcare Analytics products to meet or exceed sales goals by providing subject matter expertise to the sales team; participating in sales calls for qualified prospects; learning about clients’ needs and requirements to develop and present proposed solutions to complex business issues; and articulating the value of a proposed deliverable/solution through formal and informal client presentations and addressing/overcoming objections.
- Drives the planning phase or supports the Practice Consultant/Lead with large assigned new implementations by participating in project kick-off meetings, meeting with clients to discuss, document and fully understand client requirements; determining if a standard or customized product/deliverable will be required; recording customizations in the PSI system or initiating a project team (based on complexity of customization); and creating a detailed work plan with milestone dates.
- Drives the build, testing, and implementation phases or supports the Practice Consultant/Lead with large assigned new implementations by participating in regular implementation status meetings; ensuring project milestones are met; reviewing deliverables to verify customer specifications are met prior to delivery; answering all client questions; and providing training to clients.
- Ensures smooth transition to support phase and provides ongoing customer support for assigned customers by serving as the primary client contact; maintaining ongoing client communication; scheduling and facilitating routine customer service meetings; documenting client needs and enhancement requests; maintaining effective internal communications with Sales and Customer Operations to keep all necessary groups apprised of client activities; handling all billing issues for the assigned clients; and initiating and securing contract renewals.
- Provides exceptional customer service that maintains or increases current customer satisfaction levels by working collaboratively and directly with customers and internal resources to deliver solutions that exceed customer expectations and minimize customer impacts; responding to customers questions regarding application functionality, configurations and content; communicating solutions and timelines to customers in professional manner; reporting issues to assist in designing custom functionality to meet customer needs; collecting and passing on information for client enhancement requests; and maintaining an up-to-date understanding of the functionality of internal systems.
- Represents SHA within the industry and territory by developing and maintaining comprehensive knowledge of SHA products and industry trends through various sources and initiatives; preparing grammatically correct and articulate written communication (e.g., e-mail correspondence, proposals); developing professional and positive relationships with customers and colleagues; and maintaining a reputation of competence, integrity and professionalism.
1. Mentors less experienced members of service team on all service related skills and tasks.
2. Performs other duties as requested by Manager.
Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree with course work in Management, Marketing, and Business Strategy; OR, if no degree, nine years of professional experience.
Preferred: Master’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Research-Based Social Science, Statistics, Pharmacology, or Quantitative Methods.
Experience, Knowledge and Tools
Minimum Experience: Five years of professional experience, including:
Consulting, project management, leadership, or sales within the life science, pharmaceutical
industry, or related support industry (e.g., consulting, data provider) in specified practice area.
Making in-person presentations to prospective clients to explain the business’ products and services and their alignment with the client’s needs. Consistent achievement of sales quotas.
Consultative selling approach. Demonstrated ability to learn a complex product line quickly through self-initiative and discipline.
Preferred Experience (includes minimum): Seven years of professional experience, including: Consulting, project management, leadership, or sales within the life science, pharmaceutical industry, or related support industry (e.g., consulting, data provider) in specified practice area.
Familiarity with SHA products and data.
Extensive knowledge of the healthcare industry in practice area.
Extensive knowledge of current solutions available in practice area.
Service process and activities.
Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They’re not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities and requirements.
- Domestic travel to client sites, 20% of work time.
- Ability to travel independently.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Must have a car.
- Ability to travel by air.
- Ability to obtain and American Express card.