The primary role for this position is direct support for the account management team under direct supervision. The Account Management Specialist intern is responsible for assisting with but not limited to the following: Information gathering; Research: , Preparation for client reviews and presentations; Requesting and validating ad hoc financial and management reports; Maintaining updates in Salesforce; Providing survey, project and MS Office support.
Excellent documentation skills, organizational skills, and follow through on goals and projects are required as well as comfort working in cross-functional work teams. Also critical is the ability to work under pressure and on multiple accounts or projects concurrently
This is a temporary internship program. Opportunities for continued employment with BCD Travel in a regular-full-time position will be evaluated upon successful completion of the internship.
Job Specific Essential Duties & Responsibilities:Core Responsibilities:
Ad hoc Management Reports
- Assist with gathering, researching, and preparing information for Client Reviews
- Request and gather information for designated reports
- Review and maintain account specific updates as per requirements
- Create, monitor, and pull reports for standard survey
- Provide PowerPoint production and Excel template assistance
Secondary Duties & Responsibilities:
- As identified and assigned by Account Management team
Essential Job Functions:
- Facilitate effective communication with all levels of account management team.
- Assumes and performs other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, as requested.
- Must be able to come to work promptly and regularly
- Must be able to take direction and work well with others
- Must be able to work under the stress of and meet deadlines
- Must be able to concentrate and perform accurately while meeting applicable productivity measures
- Must be able to change productively and to handle other tasks as assigned
Support Account Managers,Account Executives,and Account Management Specialist
Non client facing position
- 1 year work experience (paid or internships)
- Associates degree
- Proficient with the Internet, Windows and MS Office products; Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
- Communication and interpersonal skills, comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization
- Ability to travel 1 – 25%
Critical Characteristics & Competencies:
- Bachelors degree
- Experience with CRM tools
- Customer Service experience
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Core profile - Strong self-starter, detailed, creative, independence, influential, persuasive and self-confident.
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure and on multiple projects simultaneously
- Organizational and time management skills
- Effective written, oral, and communication skills
- Capable of working on own and in a team environment, supporting management, providing feedback, assisting in special projects and taking on additional responsibility
- Ability to manage changing priorities
The requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires an adequate range of body motion and mobility to enable the individual to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Requires ability to remain in a stationary position for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
- Requires ability to move about to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Requires ability to operate a computer, telecommunication’s devices and other office equipment for prolonged periods of time throughout the work day.
- Requires ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word. Talking is important for those activities in which the employee must impart oral information to other employees, clients and customers, in person or via telephone, and in those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions and information to others accurately, clearly and quickly.
- Requires the ability to perceive the nature of sounds. Hearing is important for those activities that require ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, in person or via telephone, and to make fine discriminations in sound.
- Requires clarity of near vision. This factor is important when special and or minute accuracy is demanded and defective near acuity would adversely affect job performance and/or safety of self and others.
- Requires ability to work other shifts and weekends and in excess of 40 hours/week, as necessary.
Travel: (for designated positions)
- Requires the ability to work and cooperate with other employees and clients at all levels and from diverse backgrounds to exchange ideas, information and opinions to facilitate the task at hand.
Field of Interest Category:
- Requires ability to travel by car, plane and train for prolonged periods of time domestically and internationally and to move and transport personal luggage.
Scheduled Work Hours:
Percent of Travel:
English - Read
English - Speak
English - Write
About BCD Travel
BCD Travel helps companies make the most of what they spend on travel. For travelers, this means keeping them safe and...