The Client Support Services (CSS) Organization employs around 100 colleagues globally. Offices are located in the hub of our major markets to facilitate client relationships, proactive service activities and to ensure client satisfaction and revenue protection.
These proactive service activities include change management, model adoption, catastrophe response, special projects and ad hoc training, as well as providing guidance on how to effectively utilize RMS products in the (re)insurance sector.
In preparation for the launch of RMS’ exciting new technology ‘RMS(one)’ the Client Support Services Organization seeks an Account Manager to join the Account Management team in Hoboken, NJ. The team works closely with the sales team to expand strategic client relationships and support clients in their implementation and application of new RMS technology and science. The objective of this role is to ensure high quality service and effective communications between the client and internal RMS business units.
Account Managers will develop and expand the depth and breadth of the client relationships across user buyers, technical buyers and in part economic buyers at our clients. In partnership with the Sales Relationship Manager, the Account Manager aligns account engagement strategy for a specified group of clients. The Account Manager role combines very strong project management and coordination skills with a high degree of personal credibility at a senior level both with the client and within RMS. This role will initially report to the Senior Director within CSS.
Key Accountabilities & Deliverables
- Ensure overall client success and satisfaction from using RMS products and services.
- Drive compliance of service delivery within Service Level Agreement (SLA), collaborating with sales team in client discussions;
- Monitor the progress of client inquiries to ensure and confirm final resolution internally and externally, including ensuring the final resolution fully meets RMS standards. Manage client expectations throughout resolution process;
- Coordinate with Knowledge Centers to manage allocation of Solutions Advisor and Solutions Specialist required for proactive client service projects;
- Reviews client dashboards and other reports to determine needs/priorities for clients and engage in proactive service management discussions;
- At established service management escalation point facilitates and directs additional resource allocation necessary to deliver timely resolution and drives internal/external communication;
- Conducts regularly scheduled account team meetings designed to review the “state of the client” and align strategic plans;
- Enhances client relationships through extensive knowledge of a client’s operations, people, business, personal and face-to-face interactions enabling a strategic value added solutions- based relationship;
- Direct proactive catastrophic response management activities for clients;
- Identify and drive change management for driving client adoption of our new platform RMS(One);
- Maintain market expertise and act as client advocate within RMS.
Knowledge Management and Training
- Engages with relevant client touch points to develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the client’s workflow and business process;
- Develop a thorough understanding of RMS(one) applications and how these applications can be incorporated into a client’s risk management process to drive value for client;
- Mentor and train colleagues.
- Interface with the sales organization to provide client knowledge that will inform and influence account client strategy, revenue generation, support services solutions, negotiations and other potential opportunities;
- Partner with the Sales Management Leadership to develop, plan and implement wider RMS initiatives within region or market segment.
- Must possess a BS +5 years experience, MS +3 years experience or PhD degree. Concentrations ideally in a economics, sciences, math, financial engineering or computer science subject;
- Must have a proven professional track record and experience as an Account Manager or Client Relationship Manager (CRM) within insurance, software services, analytics or in a similar related field; Knowledge of risk or catastrophe modeling in the insurance industry highly desired;
- Superior problem-solving aptitude & skills and willingness to learn new technologies;
- Excellent client facing and communication skills required, ideally gained within a client facing environment; ability to relay complex and often technical concepts to broad audiences;
- Ability to direct and lead cross-functional teams;
- Ability to work effectively in a team and as an individual contributor;
- Ability to travel both domestic and international;
- Project management skills;
- Strong networking and influencing skills;
- Experience in the property/casualty area of the insurance industry would be ideal;
- Knowledge of RMS products and models is highly desired but not essential as in-depth training will be given;
- Preference will be given to candidates with fluent Continental European or Latin American languages.
Did you know there’s a 5% chance that a hurricane will cause $60 billion of insured losses next year? And there’s a 1% chance that an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss in the next 12 months? We do. At RMS, we build the simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand portfolio risks due to catastrophes: natural catastrophes (hurricane, earthquake, flood), terrorism, pandemic, and changes in life expectancy.
We are one of the most exciting and technologically sophisticated firms you’ve ‘never’ heard of, unless you’re one of our hundreds of clients in the (re)insurance, banking or hedge fund sector. We lead an industry we helped pioneer and ultimately our work makes a true impact on the world at large. How we understand and manage risk affects everybody and our passion is nothing less than creating a more resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events.
As we approach our 25th anniversary, we are now evolving our vision by delivering future solutions in the cloud, releasing in 2014 a cutting edge risk management platform ‘RMS(one)’ for the global risk market. RMS(one) will create a holistic and integrated view across the enterprise with one platform for all models, all points of view, and all data. All will be run as equal partners on RMS(one).
To find out more, visit www.rms.com . Or follow us on Facebook or @rmsjobs on Twitter
RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.