Next Step Living, one of the largest providers of home energy efficiency solutions in New England, has an immediate need for an Account Manager to join our dynamic Customer Action team. Serving over 1500 homes per month, Next Step Living serves Massachusetts residents through the Mass Save energy efficiency program. Account managers handle a large, diverse customer base, acting as the customer’s advocate internally. This role requires a sharp focus on providing customers with the best possible experience, while obtaining weekly and monthly sales targets. This is a high energy role, with opportunity for rapid promotion. This position is ideal for candidates new to sales looking to start a career in the energy efficiency sector, as well as seasoned veterans in the sales and account management field.
- Meet daily/weekly/monthly goals around call activity, signed contracts and signed revenue.
- Consult with existing customers regarding their Weatherization, Solar, Windows or Total Climate Control opportunity determined during their initial sales visit.
- Follow up with customers after their assessment, influencing those with opportunity for work to take action.
- Assist customers with questions they have regarding recommendations.
- Educate customers on health and safety issues identified during their assessment.
- Create referrals for relevant contractors to assist in remediation of health and safety issues.
- Assist customers who have signed contracts and have questions or issues with the recommended work.
- Correspond with representatives from outside vendors.
- Utilize Salesforce.com to manage customer accounts and track information.
- Maintain focus on high levels of customer service.
- Respond promptly to customer needs.
- Solicit customer feedback to improve service.
- Respond to requests for service and assistance.
- Meet commitments and manage difficult or emotional customer situations.
· College degree or equivalent is preferred.
· 1-2 years of experience in sales or customer-facing function is preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to self-organize, solve problems, and prioritize competing demands.
· Experience with MS Office Suite is required.
· Experience with Salesforce.com or other CRM systems is preferred.
· Must be able to effectively present information to customers, colleagues, and management staff.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
· A passion for helping customers and the environment.