Join a global research advisory leader!
In 2011,The Boston Globe ranked Forrester Research in its “Best of Massachusetts Businesses” for the 14th consecutive year. Forrester has research centers and sales offices in more than 25 cities internationally, including Amsterdam, Netherlands; Cambridge, Mass.; Dallas, Texas; Dubai, United Arab Emirates; San Francisco, CA; Frankfurt, Germany; London, UK; Sydney, Australia; Paris, France; and Toronto, Canada. Forrester works with professionals in 19 key roles within IT, marketing and strategy, and tech industry at major companies providing proprietary research, consumer insight, consulting, events, and peer-to-peer executive programs.
Global business leaders worldwide rely on Forrester for comprehensive, independent analysis that aligns with their organizations’ initiatives, guides their decisions, and increases their business impact to make them more successful every day. As part of our global sales team, you’ll work with some of the world’s top companies and thought-leading analysts to plan an agenda based on our clients’ top objectives and challenges — including cloud computing; business process management; and the integration of social media, mobile, and other emerging technologies.
Job Title: Account Manager, Major Accounts
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Cambridge, MA
This sales position focuses on major accounts located in the Southeastern United States. The Account Manager maintains strong relationships, drives client satisfaction, and focuses on selling additional products and services. He or she is rewarded for client retention and enrichment sales. Roughly 25% of the Account Manager’s time is spent on travel within the assigned territory.
- Nurture and develop existing clients.
- Generate incremental revenues from existing clients by selling additional Forrester products and services and by proactively pursuing executive-level relationships.
- Efficiently manage time to focus on activities that grow revenues and ensure client satisfaction.
- Maintain an appropriate incremental sales pipeline to achieve account enrichment goals.
- Forecast accurately.
- Use analytical skills to understand our clients’ changing business and technology issues and needs.
- Work to develop and execute on account plans that position Forrester as a strategic resource.
- Communicate professionally to both internal and external audiences.
Forrester is looking for people who are inspired and inspiring. Our product is our intellectual capital, so we welcome and reward intellectual excellence, curiosity, and sophisticated thinking and look for:
Forrester Research is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer; M/F/D/V are especially encouraged to apply.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Five or more years of proven success in client management or successful consultative or solution selling in the agency, media, or professional services industries.
- Proven experience in managing multiple client relationships, achieving revenue goals, and managing personal sales strategies in a similar environment.
- Effective organization and time management skills; impeccable written and phone communication skills.
- A results-oriented team player.
- Someone who is conversant in leading-edge consumer advertising, marketing, and business technology trends.
- A fast learner who is at ease with technology.
- Someone who has sold to financial services companies and who understands the different business models within that sector.
Forrester Research is one of the most influential research and advisory firms in the world. We work with business and technology leaders to...