The ThinkGeek Overlords are looking for an Account Manager to join our wholesale (B2B sales) group!
Between hallway discussions of the merits of Star Wars vs. Star Trek, duties of this position will include the following:
- Consistently demonstrate success selling by exceeding defined revenue goals
- Target B2B sales to large online retailers as well as brick & mortar retailers to introduce them to our unique product line
- Develop and maintain business partnerships. Generate profitable sales with new and existing customers.
- Provide product information and follow up with quotes to close business.
- Marshall ThinkGeek team to provide proper fulfillment and production support.
- Recommends marketing and sales support initiatives to support and maximize sales efforts
- Coordinate sales efforts with merchants to help come up with product ideas for wholesale
- Assist Product Development team in developing and launching new products
- Think outside the box for new product ideas.
- Minimum of 5-8 years high-volume business to business sales experience
- Wholesale Sales background a plus
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Must be detailed oriented and organized
- BA/BS Degree
- Computer Proficient
- Knowledge of and interest in gadgets, technology and geek-related retail products
ThinkGeek is a small, close-knit group of fun and enthusiastic people who run one of the most successful niche e-commerce sites in the galaxy. As part of Geeknet, a publicly held company, ThinkGeek employees receive an excellent benefits package while enjoying the benefits of working in an exciting start-up environment. This posting is for a permanent, full time position in our Fairfax, Virginia office. Only local applicants or those willing to relocate at their own expense will be considered. Sorry, freelance or offsite requests will absolutely not be accepted. Please submit your resume and salary requirements in PDF, HTML or plain text format.
Geeknet owns and manages Thinkgeek.com and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or any other class protected by applicable state or federal law.
ThinkGeek - 16 months ago