Magna Seating, a wholly-owned operating unit of Magna International, is an innovative leader in the development and manufacture of high quality complete seat solutions and seat mechanisms for the global automotive industry.
Conducts regular contact and communication with purchasing and other key program personnel relative to relationship development and closure of commercial issues. Consults with the application team in the identification and closure of commercial issues with the objective of increasing market share, optimizing profitability, and maintaining the positive perception of Magna Seating (MS) as a world-class supplier. Generally completes the following duties and responsibilities with the support of senior sales personnel.
- Generally assigned to increasingly large and/or complex programs.
- Promotes MS to the customer. Aligns customer communications with MS policies, philosophy, structure, capabilities, business plans and strategy. Works to ensure customers view MS as innovative, proactive, and capable.
- Provides input in the development of objectives and strategies and carries out assignments to achieve the goals of the Application Team, General Manager, and Director of Sales.
- Considers customer direction; market demand; competitor direction; MS’ competitive position (i.e. capabilities, price, quality, penetration, market perception); and corporate and group strategy while engaging the customer in the resolution of issues and/or the exploration of new opportunities. Serves as the expert for the program specific elements of these items.
- Stays abreast of potential new business opportunities. Remains knowledgeable of customer’s business strategy, participates in the assessment of validity and relevance of opportunities, appropriately communicates information and opportunities within MS.
- Helps define and communicate customer requirements to the application teams. Attends Product Development and other program team meetings to provide commercial goals and provide resolution of commercial issues.
- Responds to commercial information requests from Engineering. Attends production runs with manufacturing representatives, as required. Responds to tooling questions (generally non-technical) such as timing and cost. Processes quotes and follows up on deliveries, as required.
- Completes tasks and resolves issues to ensure compliance to program objectives and commercial targets. Has lead commercial responsibility for the application team.
- Assures timely and accurate documentation of sales and marketing deliverables as established, per the product delivery process. Ensures timely flow of business documents between the customer and MS. Ensures documentation of key positions and agreements. Ensures documented agreements meet finance guidelines and requirements.
- Develops and negotiates program pricing and responds to internal, corporate, and customer pricing requests. Generally under the guidance and parameters set by senior sales personnel and application team management: reviews and submits quotes and other commercially related correspondence to the customer, provides target pricing, responds to quotation feedback. Drives closure on commercial issues.
- Assists, as required, in resolving quality and production issues and commercial aspects of engineering change issues as they relate to the Customer.
- Tracks “loss monies” and open cost issues and develops and implements closure strategy to resolve timely.
- Consults with application team and matrix support organization regarding cost reduction proposals. Provides input concerning priority, likelihood of customer acceptance, and applicability to program business strategy. Coordinates submission of proposals and responds to customer inquiries.
- Travel, as required.
- Authorities as detailed in Standard Operating Procedure 8000.
Knowledge and Education
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience.
Five (5) years experience in automotive sales, program management, or engineering management.
Working knowledge of relevant cost models and supplier costs (JIT, mechanisms, trim).
Knowledge of customer, product, and supply base.
Proven customer-networking abilities.
Strong communication skills: verbal, written, and technical presentations.
Strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully coordinate and complete multiple tasks within and across departments to meet established and changing deadlines.
Demonstrated successful performance with independent problem solving, presentations, and leadership.
Proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
Valid driver’s license.
Magna - 13 months ago
Through its various subsidiaries and divisions, Magna International makes just about everything needed to put together a motor vehicle....