The Account Manager is responsible to create and maintain positive relationships with all clients by proactively servicing their needs.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Provide customer service to Discovery Benefits clients.
- Answer Account Management phone queue within 30 seconds.
- Respond to customer inquiries via email/ phone within 24 hours.
- Consistently meet the Discovery Benefits Customer Service standards and skill requirements.
- Basic understanding of all rotating tasks and projects
- Communicate internally to ensure customer loyalty.
- Communicate with other departments in order to ensure that the employers plan is administered according to the plan design.
- Report any missing links during the account implementation.
- Document any formal complaints and share with Regional Director.
- Support a positive team work environment
- Share knowledge.
- Detect needs for creating efficiencies and improving processes.
- Communicate to all appropriate team members regarding plan differences.
- Assist with group account management.
- Contact the employer to request additional funds as required.
- Communicate any account discrepancies to the employer.
- Assist Operations and Participant Services by contacting employer regarding any participant discrepancies.
- Compliance under Section 125 of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Provide information and documentation to the employer to ensure that they are in compliance with the IRS guidelines.
- Answer questions in regards to the plan document/ summary plan description.
- Ensure privacy according to HIPAA, HITECH, and Red Flag Rules.
- Provide support to Growth & Development for new and renewing group enrollments.
- Provide reporting to sales, manager and employer during open enrollment.
- Prepare and send employer packets and enrollment materials.
- Track and follow-up to ensure a completed design guide, Administrative Service Agreement and Benefits Debit Card Agreement (when applicable) is received for each renewal.
- Coordinate web enrollment status with account specialists.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Assist team leader with special projects.
- Develop and update administrative procedures as needed.
- Customer service experience and benefit experience typically acquired in 2 years.
- Basic knowledge of Section 125.
- Computer proficiency required.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Works with others in a team environment
- Meets daily deadlines consistently
- Must take initiative in jobs performed; seek solutions and answers to problems
- Flexibility/ adaptability