Develops new accounts and/or expands existing accounts within an established geographic territory. Plans and tracks regional customer service efforts in order to provide superior customer service and ensure long term business success. Provides reports to management and customer teams relating to potential opportunities, improvement of products, problem resolution, and corrective action. Develops and maintains excellent working relationship with customers and internal company departments to ensure effective response to customer needs.
- Manage assigned customer accounts and assists with other customers as directed.
- Review contractual requirements of assigned customers and ensures fulfillment from the company.
- Develop a foundation for long-term business growth by regular personal contact with customer management in support of promoting Panasonic Avionics Corporation products and services.
- Plan regional customer service efforts to meet customer satisfaction demands and future business growth.
- Manage customer survey activities and satisfaction scorecards. Track customer satisfaction ratings to objectively measure degree of satisfaction.
- Identify deficiencies in either resources or performance in order to work with account team to resolve and win new business.
- Prepare reports and professional presentations in order to communicate potential opportunities and /or problems to customer teams and senior management.
- Provide reports to management, customer teams, and the customer relating to improvement of products, trends, problem resolution, and corrective action.
- Assist in the management of regional budget and helps the management team establish sales growth, and profit targets for the region.
- Technical understanding of In-Flight Entertainment systems and its related components.
- Strong knowledge of Aviation or related industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills.
- Ability to speak with persons of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds.
- Proven experience with problem-solving, decision-making, and multi-tasking to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers in a professional and timely manner.
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationship with customers and internal company departments in order to smoothly and effectively address customer needs.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Assigned to large, complex, high visibility, strategic, or tactically important accounts.
- Demonstrated and proven record of success in sales. Viewed as an expert in the field.
- Having a wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may provide guidance to other account manager positions.
- 7 - 10 years of account manager experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or commensurate work experience.
- Ability to travel 50% of time to assigned region.