Job Duties Include: Drive top line revenue through effective territory management. Maintain and grow existing accounts while prospecting new opportunities with hospitals, clinics, physician offices and local managed care customers. Work closely with the General Manager and site staff to develop and execute Business and Sales Plans. Develops and implements sales strategies for assigned territory. Creates a territory sales plan and regularly assesses progress on opportunities. Prioritizes accounts based on total potential, current referrals, likely profitability, service needs, and probability of success. Plans activities and account routing to ensure sufficient coverage of all key customers.
Creates and updates short-and long-term account plans; utilizes to guide actions. Identifies key customer decision makers (ex. discharge planners, appropriate hospital staff, physicians and their staff, managed care organizations) and builds relationships to gain access to all decision makers. Assesses and documents the competitive landscape within the account (e.g. pre-existing competitor relationships, presence of clinical liaison, etc.). Sets account objectives and establishes a plan for achieving objectives. Tracks / records call activity and progress on referral opportunities. Leverages internal sources (e.g. sales volume data) to identify high potential customers. Leverages external sources (e.g. third party data) to identify high potential customers. Uses all available information to understand customer needs and to identify opportunities.
Conveys and reinforces elements of the value proposition appropriate for each account and decision maker. Adjusts messaging based on customer relationship life-cycle (e.g. potential new account vs. long-standing, loyal referral source). Quantifies value in financial / economic terms to appropriate stakeholders. Uses appropriate marketing materials and tools to convey consistent messaging across the organization. Obtains a complete understanding of customer needs before offering a solution. Manages the sales process that ultimately results in customer commitment to Walgreens. Leverages resources within the WIRS sales and operations organizations—including GMs, first line managers, clinical staff, and other sales roles — to assist in addressing customer issues.
- High School diploma and at least four (4) years home care experience.
- Experience developing ways of accomplishing goals with little or no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Willing to travel at least 75% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Associate or Bachelor degree in health field.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- At least 2 years of outside sales and/or new business development experience.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
- Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: inserting, rearranging, hiding and deleting slides, navigating between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering and editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show).
Walgreens - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...