The Account Manager – Pharma Services (West Coast) is part of the field sales team tasked with identifying new opportunities for the company’s biopharma service offerings, and then working with Business Development management to close deals. Typical activities will include: lead generation, sales calls, presentations, generating quotes/proposals and customer follow-up toward closing. We’re looking for individuals that have one of the following (or both):
• 2-5 years of biotechnology sales experience (preferably pharma services) with a history of building customer network and rolodex
• 2-5 years’ relevant scientific experience in oncology and/or drug development with an interest in joining a successful sales group
Successful candidates for this position will have the ability to build strong relationships with our client base by understanding their needs within pharmaceutical development, and being able to propose solutions based on Molecular Response’s cell-based and molecular testing services.
The Account Manager will be field based on the West Coast, with positions available covering the following areas: Northern California and Seattle area. East coast and European positions are available as well.
1. Identify sales opportunities within the territory for future service projects
2. Develop new customers (and manage existing accounts) in order to achieve or exceed sales objectives.
3. Collaborate with Business Development management to establish sales strategies and build customer relationships.
4. Provide quotes on prospective sales orders.
5. Present sales presentations internally and externally.
6. Stay current on developments within the industry. Attend tradeshows.
7. Utilize technical expertise and expanding customer relationships to identify areas of improvement and new market opportunities.
8. Frequent travel will be required to visit customers in person (up to 50%)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Candidates can meet requirements with some combination of the following:
1. 2-5 years’ relevant experience in life science sales role (Bachelor’s degree in life science preferred)
1. 2-5 year’s scientific experience in oncology research or pharmaceutical development (MS or PhD preferred)
2. Familiarity with pharma’s oncology drug development pipeline
3. Familiarity with preclinical testing (in vitro/in vivo)
4. Familiarity with use of predictive biomarkers in personalized treatment
5. Ability to build key customer relationships
6. Ability to educate and demonstrate technical value propositions
7. Possess an outstanding drive for excellence and results.
8. High aptitude to learn technical and scientific information.
We are located in beautiful Torrey Pines and offer competitive benefits and salaries. The total compensation package for this position is $120k – $170k at plan (uncapped, over plan). This includes a base salary of $50k – $80k based on individual sales experience, plus commission. Qualified and interested candidates should send a resume to: [email protected]
Reference Job 823429
We appreciate your interest in Molecular Response. Visit us at www.molecularresponse.com . We value diversity and are proud to provide a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. EOE.
Molecular Response enables pharmaceutical partners to realize efficiencies in drug development through use of clinically proven molecular...