- Gains access to the entire account through effective networking, and is well-known and is on a first-name basis with personnel at all levels at the account.
- Personally calls on / is frequently present at the account; timing and frequency depends on account size and complexity; brings the donuts on Friday morning.
- Is commonly / consistently involved with customer project teams and is consulted for technical assistance.
- "Walks the halls"; looks left / right for additional customer supply opportunities; remains alert to service new customer needs through networking; actively seeks to displace competitive positions at the account.
- "Pulls through" other ALASG products; increases share of customer "wallet".
- Is knowledgeable regarding customer's applications and use of ALASG products.
- Is knowledgeable of ALASG technical capabilities; knows ALASG standard product offers; brings in other ALASG technical experts to assist as needed.
- Is well-networked internally; knows who to go to in AL to solve customer issues.
- Is very knowledgeable of ALASG account administration systems and practices, e.g., order entry, delivery, contract terms and conditions, rent policies, invoicing, etc.
- Introduces / establishes relationship between customer and local ALASG customer service team.
- Listens to / for customer requests for help; brings needs / requests back to base for fulfillment.
- Manages / optimizes pricing and gross margin for the entire portfolio of products and services at the account.
- Monitors and documents ALASG performance and customer satisfaction in "dollarized value" format; maintains customer dollarized value file.
- Reports customer incidents and issues promptly and monitors resolution executed by others; documents ALASG performance improvement opportunities.
- Is compensated with fixed and variable components; variable component is based primarily on new sales and gross margin growth in each account.
- Effectively collaborates with the "Hunter" and manages a smooth transition as new signed accounts are brought on board.
- Renews existing business according to account renewal plan to retain account and / or improve margin; pre-empts customer RFQs and bids for existing business.
- Gathers competitive intelligence; works with market managers and local management to collate and interpret information on competitive activity.
- Is trained, skilled, believes in and makes effective use of SFDC; practices "Three Strikes" documentation (call plan, call, call report).
- Conforms to applicable sales policies established by ALASG / AL Group, e.g., standard legal terms and conditions; also conforms to uniform sales policies set forth by ALASG Director of Sales, e.g., pricing and discounting levels.
- Trains, coaches, and mentors other, more junior Harvesters, at the discretion of management.
- Records and documents new ideas / products / solutions by capturing feedback from the customers and by working with Marketing to expand our offerings.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred; two-year degree minimum; or equivalent in Business; management; engineering or other physical science
- 4 years of Sales / Business experience
- Engineering or physical science knowledge helpful; sales of specialty products helpful
- Fluent in English
- Four years sales experience in a specialty product or custom needs-based selling market required in lieu of specialty gas experience.
- Ability to network extremely effectively through all levels within the customer's organization.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills. Effective, compelling communicator
- Good computing skills.
PharmaOpportunities.com - 10 months ago