Union City, CA
Are you a successful account representative who thrives in a consultative sales process, building on-going relationships / partnerships with your customers?
Do you prefer selling a tangible product and value added services to end users as well as management?
Are you familiar with industrial sales components? bearings, pneumatics, and/or hydraulic components?
Applied Industrial Technologies is seeking an Account Manager in City/State. (List territory description here) . Build your territory and grow your earnings by developing repeat business relationships in existing accounts and opening new business. Call on engineers, maintenance, purchasing and others using your consultative selling approach to learn about your customers' applications and needs.
- Achieve sales and profit goals by developing existing customers, opening new business, and customer retention
- Conduct sales and service activities, develop strong customer relationships, identify product applications, and introduce new products and services
- Prepare quotations and proposals, follow up and negotiate terms, and close transactions
- Organize and conduct training sessions for customers, survey market and competitive conditions
- Complete reports regarding itineraries, expenses, sales calls, leads and other related reports
- Monitor customer complaints, follow up on outstanding orders, and make emergency calls, night calls, and deliveries as required.
- 1-3 years business to business industrial / MRO sales experience
- Proven experience in developing new business, building repeat business, and managing a sales territory
- Relationship-building skills at all levels with customers and prospect organizations
- Hands-on product demonstrations for customers and prospects; mechanical aptitude
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record are essential
When you join the Applied® team, you will enjoy:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Hydraulics or pneumatic product experience
Applied employees believe in the company, love the environment where individual contributors with fresh ideas and passion for excellence are encouraged and rewarded. We are dedicated to the pursuit of customer satisfaction through innovation and trusted products, expertise, and support. We believe in growth from within, honesty, integrity, personal mastery.
- Base salary and bonus opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits package including health care, vision, & dental, 401(k) with company match
- Company vehicle
- Expense & cell phone reimbursement
- Personalized training & development program
- Career development opportunities
About our Company:
- Top 100 Military-Friendly Employers (GI Jobs Magazine)
- Platinum 400 list of Best Big Companies in America
- One of the 50 Best Companies to Sell For in the U.S.
- Customer-Rated World Class Sales Winner
Applied Industrial Technologies , founded in 1923, is a $2.2 billion company with strong P&L results. We are one of North America’s largest industrial distributors of a diverse range of products including bearings, power transmission components, fluid power components and systems, industrial rubber products, linear motion components, tools, safety products, general maintenance products., and mill supply products.
With approximately 470 facilities and 4,600 employee associates across North America, Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) offers more than 4 million parts critical to operations of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry from more than 2000 manufacturers. In addition, we provide customized shop services for mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power products, as well as services to meet storeroom management and maintenance training needs that help provide enhanced value to its customers. We are growing!
Different Voices. New Perspectives. Boundless opportunities . Applied® is committed to offering equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees based on their training, experience and overall qualifications and without regard to race, color, religion, gender, veteran or citizenship status, age, disability, national origin, or any other category protected by applicable law. We are also committed to a drug-free workplace. We value you, your background, and your unique experiences that help add to the richness of the Applied team.
Applied Industrial Technologies - 10 months ago