Clean Harbors is North America’s leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services serving over 50,000 customers, including a majority Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state, provincial and local governmental agencies.
Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors has more than 175 locations, including over 50 waste management facilities, throughout North America in 37 U.S. states, seven Canadian provinces, Mexico and Puerto Rico. The Company also operates international locations in Bulgaria, China, Sweden, Singapore, Thailand and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.cleanharbors.com .
We offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits including health, dental, life insurance, 401K, Employee Stock Program, generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement and more. We offer a drug free work environment and require a pre-employment drug screen. All Applicants are subject to pre-employment security background checks, and some positions may require pre-employment physical fitness for duty tests
The Account Manager is responsible to grow, expand, and maintain a required minimum base of revenues and number of customers within an assigned territory.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Obtain a minimum yearly goal in New Business accounts; Meet quarterly and annual revenue objectives; Meet or exceed the threshold for the established minimum number of sales calls per week
- Coordinate Customer visits with Specialists or other Sales Personnel; Participate in joint sales calls with Corporate Account Manager
- Take a lead role in executing Corporate Account Strategy for assigned local accounts
- Coordinate and complete profile information as needed; Maintain company and contact information and document all sales calls, customer visits and business opportunities in Beacon
- Complete annual Sales Revenue Budget
- Promote communication and coordination between Sales, Operations, Customer Service and Customers
- Assist in the collection of invoiced revenue from Customers
- Ensure Customer satisfaction with Clean Harbors
- Maintain daily awareness of sales activities and results
- Demonstrate ability to negotiate pricing and contract requirements; During Customer sales calls, determine adequacy of present level of service and recommend adjustments
- Obtain signed Standard Service Agreements for New Business
- Review, understand and use Monthly Revenue and Receivable Reports
- Manage business expenses, and the timely submission of business expenses
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management and will be required by the needs of the Clean Harbors business.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and complexity of the work being performed by personnel assigned to this classification, and do not represent an exhaustive list of all tasks, duties, and responsibilities required of personnel assigned to this position. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned.
Training experience (preferred)
- Take effective direction and constructive feedback from Corporate Account Managers
- Maintain ability to work with little or no supervision
- Maintain knowledge of State and Federal Waste Codes and regulations
- Maintain ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Maintain professional appearance
- Must have excellent presentation and writing skills
- Develop and use effective customer service skills
- Develop effective communication skills and leadership abilities
- Develop and maintain proficiencies in Windows based applications
- Develop and maintain technical understanding of all Site and Technical Service Lines of Business
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer
- Able to perform general office skills•
- Always requires speaking and listening, and acuity
- Requires standing, walking, carrying, stooping and crouching; Requires sitting, grasping and reaching.
- May require lifting, pulling and/or pushing up to 10lbs.
- Travel as required
Clean Harbors - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
Clean Harbors is North America’s leading and most trusted provider of energy/industrial, environmental and hazardous waste management...