Connections Education is a leading, fully-accredited provider of high-quality, highly accountable virtual education solutions for students in grades K–12. Connections Education is committed to expanding quality education through technology and helping students achieve both academic and personal success.
Since 2001, the company’s Connections Academy division has delivered individualized learning to students through virtual public schools and a private online academy. In the 2012-13 school year, 24 Connections Academy virtual public schools will operate in 22 states and expect to serve more than 45,000 students in grades K-12 (some schools do not serve all grades) from across the U.S.
The Connections Learning division meets the needs of schools, school districts, and other institutions looking to develop and enhance their online learning programs. Connections Learning delivers a full range of targeted digital learning solutions to the K-12 education community including online courses, a program for homebound students, a digital learning platform, and more. More than 300 schools, school districts, state departments of education and other educational institutions, serving tens of thousands of students throughout the U.S. and beyond, are already utilizing Connections Learning products and services.
Working initially from our office in Elkridge, MD and then moving to our office in Columbia, MD, the Account Manager (AM) is the primary client contact and maintains responsibility for effectively servicing a key company charter school. The AM will build strong and effective relationships, understand client needs, and deliver solutions that fairly consider both the client’s and the company’s requirements. The AM will set expectations and deliver on those expectations; develop a strategic approach to meet key goals; work with corporate groups to align resources with deliverables; and ensure delivery against those expectations.
• Manage key client relationship, building strong/positive long-term service levels;
• Become the expert on client’s current and future educational and business issues, educational goals, markets, competition, and audiences;
• Work with the company’s management team to foster responsive environment for client issues;
• Orchestrate cross-functional communications and projects to address client concerns;
• Manage processes effectively, productively and profitably;
• Gather and share feedback and account knowledge with key company personnel;
• Work with company Project Manager(s) to ensure appropriate resources are available;
• Interface with the company’s national realtor and local realtors;
• Communicate extensively with a variety of senior level stakeholders;
• Measure work progress against project schedules and report compliance to client and Senior Management;
• Create, edit and revise strategic papers, briefings and executive-level correspondence; and
• Other tasks as required.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 5+ years experience in client management, with a good track record developing senior level client relationships
• Ability to work independently and perform in a fast-paced environment where skills are challenged
• Excellent verbal/written communication and organizational skills, including significant experience effectively responding to senior-level executives
• Extensive experience using MS Office Suite
• Strong negotiation, analytical and troubleshooting skills
• The ability to travel throughout Maryland and Pennsylvania
There's nothing fishy about information from Pearson, home of salmon-colored newspaper The Financial Times. The media giant operates...