The Account Manager leads day-to-day marketing engagements with clients, facilitates client and agency relationships and coordinates and monitors the scheduling, budget, and technical performance of engagements. Responsibilities also include aiding in the negotiation of contracts and contractual changes and coordinating preparations of proposals, plans, and specifications of programs.
The ideal candidate will have excellent Program and Account Manager skills, be interested in and able to understand business solutions and digital marketing strategies, have the ability to focus at a detailed level on multiple strategic projects simultaneously, and be comfortable interacting with senior executives.
- Act as the head of engagements, managing resources including the planning, design, development and testing efforts of marketing initiatives
- Lead, manage and be completely accountable for the flawless execution of support for all facets of a digital-focused marketing program
- Communicating program status to executive stakeholders across multiple organizations and overall team members
- Act as advisor to program team regarding projects, tasks, timeline, budget, and operations
- Establish and manage strong partnerships with internal teams
- Possess strong operational leadership and an understanding of client and customer requirements
- Provide regular and detailed financial reporting to executives and key stakeholders
- Recognize system deficiencies, potential risks and implement effective solutions
- Create and execute development plans - revising as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Taking complex business or technical problems and decomposing them into well-organized, detailed descriptions to facilitate solutions
- Drive collaborative discussions and decisions with all key stakeholders
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree and strong marketing background a must. Master's preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years experience in an interactive agency and/or marketing/advertising environment in a client-facing senior role (account services)
- Experience with retail/CPG clients (please name client and approx. budgets managed to apply for this position).
- Understanding of marketing principles and digital marketing, as well as web-based solutions and emerging technologies.
- Interactive production experience managing the development of sites, online media, social media and email marketing campaigns.
- Experience and confidence in working with senior executives to achieve common goals
- Adaptability, flexibility and the ability to do the right thing under pressure, tight deadlines and high visibility
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Possess a sense of TRUE ownership of program and its initiatives
- Self-motivated and independent thinker that can translate circumstances and understanding into actions
- Excellent analytical, problem resolution, decision making, strategic and technical thinking skills.
- Ability to quickly distill, prioritize and act on feedback from a variety of sources
- Conviction and courage to drive decisions and defend positions as appropriate
- Ability to maintain optimism, good-humor, and a positive attitude in a challenging, fast paced, and changing environment
- Digitaria provides competitive salaries, excellent benefits, 401k, and is headquartered in San Diego's Gaslamp Quarter.
This is an in-house position and candidates must reside in or be willing to relocate to San Diego.
Digitaria - 21 months ago