The Account Manager is responsible for managing a block of business for new and existing customers in the commercial insurance/ payer market sector. In addition, this job is responsible for project management activities related to the identification and resolution of customer issues as well as client implementation of new services including but not limited to reviewing accounts, up-selling to existing accounts, and converting existing accounts to a higher level of utilization. The Account Manager collaborates with the department lead and other management staff to ensure most effective service delivery to clients. The Account Manager applies a broad range of knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of the field, works independently, and provides leadership to employees who do not directly report to the incumbent. Work is varied and complex, blending aspects of Sales, Customer Service, and Implementation Management. This position has the authority to recommend and implement appropriate policies, procedures, and controls to ensure compliance with applicable contractual provisions, regulations, and legislation.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in related field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in HMO, Group Health/Medicaid, and/or Medicare benefits administration and practices
- Knowledge of billing, coding, and reimbursement methods within healthcare (especially, Commercial Payers)
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Highly-developed Project management skills, and strong planning and organizational skills
- Track record of influencing and partnering with client and internal management that enables Emdeon to deliver value and develop a relationship as a "trusted advisor' and partner.
- Highly-effective written and verbal communication skills; excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Acute sense of professionalism and confidentiality
- Ability to analyze, research and resolve complex issues Ability to assess ramification of issues and prioritize duties based on business impact; solid analytical and decision-making capabilities
- Ability to lead and influence individuals who do not directly report to this position
- Ability to think creatively
- Ability to handle multiple demands simultaneously and to take initiative as needed
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet stated deadlines for those tasks
- A motivated team-player with ability to work to work effectively independently and as a member of a team in a time-constrained environment
- Ability to use computer software and office equipment related to job responsibilities, including a high proficiency in MS Office products
- Occasional travel to other sites
CareerBuilder - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
Emdeon is a leading provider of revenue and payment cycle management and clinical information exchange solutions, connecting payers,...