Account Manager – |
great media. great people. great service.
Emmis Communications is the ninth-largest radio broadcaster in the United States based on the number of listeners. The Emmis culture carries at its heart the belief that, in order to succeed, a company must take risks; treat its people well and give them the tools they need to win. Emmis has earned this valued reputation by setting high standards for excellence while creating a fun, exciting and innovative workplace, where every individual is a part of the team.
WIBC (93.1), WFNI (1070 the FAN), WYXB (105.7) and WLHK (Hank FM 97.1), headquartered in downtown Indianapolis, are looking for qualified candidates for Account Manager positions. We’re looking for someone to join our sales team who is energetic and confident with a winning attitude.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Expand local sales in the Indianapolis market by bringing new advertisers to the station, generating new leads, and selling non-traditional advertising as well as interactive advertising.
· Develop client relationships, contact key accounts, handling clients at various stages in the sales cycle including account updates, collections, weekly projections and forecast of future advertising.
· Generate packages, negotiate advertising rates, direct creative campaigns and create oral and written presentations.
· Establish and maintain good relationships with buyers and clients.
· Develop short and long range plans for revenue growth.
· Research, analyze, and monitor competitive media for new leads.
· High School Diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
· Minimum of two years of outside sales experience and a proven track record of sales success, demonstration of motivation and a strong work ethic.
· Radio experience preferred but not required.
· Team player who is goal oriented.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as commissions, proportions, and percentages.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Ability to travel and work long hours.
· Valid driver’s license and state mandated automobile insurance are required.
If you are a qualified candidate and interested in this position, we encourage you to apply. Please submit a resume and application online at www.emmis.com and refer to posting.
No Phone Calls Please!
Emmis Communications (NASDAQ: EMMS) is a diversified media corporation with award-winning radio broadcasting, and magazine publishing operations in markets across the country. Emmis is as well-known for its creative culture as for its operations. Our people are aggressive, knowledgeable and deeply committed to each of the communities in which we operate. Because employees are the key to our success, Emmis offers strong benefits and incentives, including health, dental and life insurance and a 401(k) contribution plan. For more information about Emmis, visit our website at www.emmis.com.
Emmis Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Emmis Communications - 12 months ago