of Job/ Position Description
The Account Manager is a business “creator”. Their sales expertise and their understanding of the customer’s business needs allows them to help the customer increase the amount, speed, and certainty of the profits they generate. To provide this value, the Account Manager must uncover and understand the customers unmet needs. They must also have a solid understanding of Experitec’s and Emerson’s capabilities and offerings. The Account Manager must be able to help the customer understand our value proposition and how we can improve their business. The Account Manager’s prime objective is to generate customer satisfaction as well as sustainable growth and optimized profitability for Experitec at his/her assigned accounts.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
EXPERITEC and PRINCIPAL OFFERINGS
- Identify, establish, and maintain business relationships with management level and final decision makers
- Identify, establish, and maintain a professional business relationship with those who influence the purchase of our solutions.
- Develop and maintain a solid understanding of the customer’s business. Know information regarding the products, processes, markets served, key customers, key performance indicators, and industry dynamics that impact their business and our ability to bring value.
CONSULTATIVE SOLUTION SELLING
- Understand the products, service offerings and direction of Experitec and our Principals.
- Understand Experitec’s and our Principal’s key differentiation and value proposition to our customers
- Embrace Experitec’s Core Values
- Implement the solution selling process using the concepts, tools, and terminology provided by Sales Management.
- Effectively utilize factory resources, product specialists, service providers and sales operations to develop customer solutions.
- Understand and own our differentiated solution, its business justification, and value proposition presented to the customer.
- Develop, implement, maintain an account plan and strategy that generates customer satisfaction, sustained sales growth and optimized profitability.
- Increase the breadth and depth of products and services we provide to your assigned accounts
- Maintain a working record of the Quantified Business Results we deliver
- Engage Experitec, Local Business Partner, and Emerson resources in the development and implementation of these account plans.
Measurements and Goals
GOALS: Account and sales region goals will be established for shipments and gross profit. Specific product and service level “initiative” sales goals will be established for Experitec and Emerson Process Management offerings. Regular and effective use of the consultative solution selling process and the account management process will be confirmed as an activity goal.
MEASUREMENTS and MILESTONES: Measurement of YTD progress against shipment and gross profit goals will be measured weekly (via weekly sales activity reports), monthly (via MTD OSE reports) and quarterly (via OSE Incentive reports). Progress against product and service sales initiatives will be measured on a monthly basis.
Use of the account management and solution selling processes will be measured in process milestone accomplishments and verifiable activity.
Experitec - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard
Experitec, Inc., headquartered in St. Louis, has been in business serving the process automation needs of our local industrial-manufacturing...