Event Production Solutions (EPS) specializes in unique equipment, event production and party rental. Located at Fairplex, EPS has an existing stream of events on-site that account for half of its business. The Account Manager is responsible for prospecting, sales and event fulfillment for both on-site and off-site events. He/she must focus on opportunities by promoting Event Production Solutions’ uniqueness and versatile capabilities. The Account Manager must be able to retain our existing customers, offer new equipment and services to their event and meet his/her personal goals throughout the year.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote and market Event Production Solutions.
- Identify new customers through a variety of resources (internet, industry publications, networking, cold calling, etc.)
- Cultivate relationships and solicit business from other fairs and festivals.
- Develop, update and maintain sales account lists.
- Conduct a minimum of 5 new cold calls per day. Follow-up with sales materials and secondary calls.
- Visit potential new customers or events taking place in the Southern California area.
- Represents and promotes Event Production Solutions at key industry events and trade shows.
- Meet or exceed personal sales goal.
- Produce monthly reports for the Business Development Manager (cold call report, lost business report, business forecast).
- Develop relationships and work with equipment and party rental vendors on sub-rented equipment.
- Manage equipment drops and installs at events that require additional attention.
- Performs other duties as required.
3 to 5 years of sales experience in equipment rental or party rental industry is a must. Four-year degree at an accredited college or university is preferred. Must have the ability to communicate effectively (orally and in writing). Knowledge of party rental equipment (i.e. tables and chairs, tenting, pipe and drape, etc…) and equipment rental (i.e. boom lifts, scissor lifts, generators, etc…) is a must. Knowledge of basic equipment installation is a must. Basic computer skills MS word/excel and experience with sales related software is a must. Must have the ability to analyze current market trends, research appropriate business opportunities and follow through on leads. Must possess the ability to set and revise goals as the market changes. Requires organizational skills and the ability to perform in a fast paced environment. Requires the ability to work weekends and some evenings.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF JOB:
Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions
Ability to walk extensively at event locations
The ability to lift 25 lbs.
Ability to read, write and interpret contracts
Fairplex (Los Angeles County Fair Association) - 18 months ago