Hay Group (www.haygroup.com) is a global consulting firm that works with leaders to transform strategy into reality. We develop talent, organize people to be more effective, and motivate them to perform at their best. Founded in 1943 and corporately headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, we have 85 offices in 47 countries and work with over 7,000 clients around the world. Our clients are from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors, across every major industry, and represent diverse business challenges. Our focus is on making change happen and helping people and organizations realize their potential.
We currently have an opening for the position of Account Manager at our San Francisco office. The Account Manager will focus on building, maintaining and growing profitable relationships with clients.
The Account Manager will be accountable to manage and up- and cross-sell all products/services within the Pay, Talent and Effectiveness categories. The Account Manager will have knowledge of all products and services available in these categories and be able to identify opportunities to introduce these products primarily through the strong relationship and account management they provide. The products/services focus on recurring HR processes that assist clients in:
- assessing applicants consistently and effectively,
- presenting an appropriate offer to prospective employees,
- assessing employee performance and potential,
- developing employees to promotion and/or exit, and
- ensuring equitable and competitive rewards throughout career
- Develop account plans/ action plans for each assigned client to ensure we provide strong account management, achieve renewal and yield targets and move closer to our long term goals for each account
- Execute the account plan and ensure that all necessary internal resources/stakeholders (regional/local/junior account managers, commercial support functions, Indirect Sales Channel, etc.) are aware of the plan and their action items
- In line with the account plan, invest in and build relationships with the key client decision makers across Pay, Talent and Effectiveness
- Ensure the overall satisfaction of the client
- In the order to achieve the above, the Account Manager will need to:
- Conduct proactive and regular dialogue with client on their immediate/long term needs.
- Develop account plans/ action plans together with the client, regional/local account managers and indirect channel where appropriate, ensuring clarity on who needs to do what, where, by when.
- Structure the account management in line with the most effective way for the client; in a global organization this may require touches with multiple contacts across Pay, Talent and Effectiveness at the country headquarter and/or aligning a regional/local structure to their regional/local HR
- Ensure client has access to necessary tools and training in areas such as job mapping and accreditation
- Ensure client meets their obligations e.g. provision of comprehensive pay data submissions, feedback is received in line with talent program schedules, etc.
- Regularly review progress against plans, take corrective action where necessary
- ProacPro-actively with the Indirect Channel to ensure that productized services are part of consulting proposals. Share information with internal stakeholders on the account where relevant, converting client from consulting to products where appropriate
- Ensure that the right levels of expertise are included when need to meet the client need and best represent Hay Group (product manager, “majors” in Pay, Talent and/or Effectiveness, Indirect Channel, etc.)
- Track and monitor progresses in every area fostering good and frequent communications throughout the account and to the network, through standing calls and ad-hoc conversations.
- Keep client up to date on latest developments in Hay Group and support marketing campaigns
- Negotiate effectively with client, including the purchasing department, to secure business in a timely fashion
- Work within agreed Account Management standards and comply with pricing and discounting rules
- Monitors competitive activity in each account and ensures that appropriate response strategies are formulated and communicated to all relevant internal stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in business, management, marketing, or related field
- Experience and success in growing accounts
- Passion for client relationship management
- Experience with business to business account management
- Heavy phone and client interaction experience