Plan, execute, and direct overall capital & consumable sales programs, including development of account strategies, implementation of strategies, and coordination of resources necessary to optimize strategies.
Engage in selling of accounts including qualification, demonstration, clinical evaluation and closure.
Participate in programs to build and maintain end-user awareness (e.g., trade show, regional symposium, competitive analysis, advertising, etc.),
Provide marketing input to upper management including market trends and competitive activity.
Interface with senior level managers to maintain mutual understanding of product design needs, regulatory, and production requirements.
Prepare and maintain budgets for all activities.
Maintain thorough product knowledge including ability to demonstrate products, position products vs. competitive products.
Education: Bachelors Degree required. MBA desired.
Desired Training and Experience Required:
- 5 years of sales experience with a minimum of three years’ experience selling medical devices, medical products or information technologies to hospitals & clinicians.
- Experience selling medical devices, capital equipment, consumables or health care information technology to multi-departmental hospital middle management & executives.
- Experience calling on the OR and C-Suite level is highly desirable.
- Successfully completed a formal sales training that focused on strategic and consultative selling and territory management, strongly preferred.
- A demonstrated track record of sales achievements and meeting and/or exceeding sales objectives, a proven ability to follow a disciplined sales model and process, and a stable work history. Previous experience with team selling is preferred.
- Strong business acumen and excellent negotiation, influencing, business planning, sales strategy, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Must be PC literate, have excellent organizational, communication, writing, and project management skills.
Excellent benefits package including stock options, 401K match, medical, dental, vision plans, car allowance, gas & oil changes, etc.