Printpack Inc has an immediate opening for an Account Manager . The primary role for this position will be to manage and grow sales for a Fortune 500 Company as well as develop new customers for the division. Preferred location will be Atlanta or Williamsburg. This position reports to the RPD Sales Manager.
The responsibilities are as follows:
- Develop new profitable business and build and maintain an active project list using the Printpack Sales Accelerator process.
- Build strong personal relationships and credibility with customers up to the senior levels.
- Successfully manage complex selling situations and effectively manage internal and external communications
- Lead cross-functional teams to develop and commercialize new products
- Participate in pricing and contract analysis, evaluations and negotiations
- Provide accurate sales forecasts and project timing
- Develop and maintain reports of competitive activity. Analyze strengths and weaknesses. Stay abreast of industry trends and investigate opportunities to capitalize on them
- Complete administrative functions in a thorough, accurate and timely manner.
Preferred Qualifications/ Skills:
- A four-year degree in business or a related field of study is required
- At least five years of business to business sales experience
- Basic Qualifications:
- Market/Industry knowledge and experience in the one or more of the following areas is preferred:
- Specialty Rigid or Flexible Packaging Industry
- Large global account responsibility
- Injection Molding industry
- Blow Molding industry
- Double-Seam container industry
- PET plastic packaging industry
- Food Science and Food Processing
- Customer In-Plant Manufacturing operation
- Pet Food market
- Coffee market
- Dairy market
This position requires strong skills in the following areas:
- Concern for Excellence - Committed to the achievement and maintenance of quality; sets high standards of performance for self and others.
- Customer Service Orientation - Concerned to provide a prompt, efficient and personalized service to clients; goes out of way to ensure that individual customer needs are met.
- Execution - Drives projects along, gets results, and ensures that key objectives are met.
- Drive - Enthusiastic and committed.
- Persuasiveness - Able to influence attitudes and opinions of others and gain agreement to proposals, plans and ideas; skillful at negotiating.
- Organizational Awareness - Attuned to internal ‘politics’ and alert to changing dynamics within the organization; forges links with other departments and establishes useful supportive networks.
- Strategic Perspective - Takes a long term view, thinks on a broad canvas, and entertains wide ranging possibilities in developing a vision for the future of the organization.
- Commercial Orientation - Knowledgeable about financial and commercial matters; focuses on costs, profits, markets, new business opportunities and activities which will bring the largest return.
- Judgment - Makes rational, realistic and sound decisions based on consideration of all the facts and alternatives available.
- Information Gathering/Problem Analysis - Seeks all possible relevant information for problem solving and decision making; consults widely, probes the facts, analyzes issues from different perspectives.
- Objective Setting - Produces detailed project plans in which objectives are clearly defined and action steps for achieving them are clearly specified.
- Management Control - Establishes clear priorities; schedules activities to ensure optimum use of time and resources; monitors performance against objectives.
- Written Communication Skills/Oral Communication Skills - Produces written communications which are clear, fluent, concise, and readily understood by intended recipient(s); communicates orally in a manner which is clear, fluent, and to the point, and which holds the audience’s attention – both in group and one-on-one situations.
- Technical Skill and Competence - Demonstrates detailed knowledge and expertise in relation to the job; readily absorbs new technical information and keeps up to date in specialist areas.
- Building and Maintaining Relationships - Able to establish and maintain relationships with people at all levels; puts others at ease; promotes harmony and consensus through diplomatic handling of disagreements and potential conflict.
- Integrity - Maintains high ethical standards both personally and professionally; shows integrity and fairness in dealings with others; is reliable and trustworthy.
- Experience with Miller Heiman Strategic and Conceptual Selling process
- Providing Direction
- Motivating Others
- Developing Others
- Building and Maintaining Relationships
- Management Control
- Technical Skill and Competence
- Organizational Awareness
- Strategic Perspective
- Commercial Orientation
- Oral/Written Communication Skills
- Concern for Excellence
- Customer Service Orientation