An Account Manager’s primary responsibility is to aggressively grow and retain revenues of a specified customer account base, through proactive sales activities.
- A proactive focus on external persons and companies. Includes converting contacts to leads, leads to prospects and prospects to customers within assigned company base.
- Identify, generate interest, prove value and close business opportunities – This will make up 80% of the daily activities.
- Build and maintain relationships with decision makers at customer companies. This will typically be engineers and engineering management, but may include executive management.
- Serve as key contact person for leads, prospects and customers on all pre-sales activities
- Achieve/Exceed revenue goals
- Meet or exceed outbound call and transition and close rate metrics
- Manage interactions within company to assure quality service of accounts
- Communicate and leverage key constituents to secure and retain business
- Maintain complete and comprehensive information in databases
- Timely submission of requested account plans, forecasts etc.
- Minimum of one year of previous business to business sales experience
- Ability to expedite sales cycle by relating conceptually with decision makers
- Proven professional business correspondence and relationship building skills
- Independent, dependable, resourceful and self-motivated
- Confident verbal and written communication skills, across different levels of business professionals
- Effectively manage multiple tasks without losing sight of objectives
- Demonstrate sound business judgment
- Capable of questioning in an effective manner to understand customer needs.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment
- MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong comfort level with technology
- Minimum of two years of previous business to business sales experience
- Four year degree Required
Proto Labs, Inc. - 18 months ago
Proto Labs is a leading online and technology-enabled quick-turn manufacturer of custom parts for prototyping and short-run production with...