Position Title: Account Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Branch or Branch Operations Manager
Other Requirements: Occasional out of town travel with or without notice
Responsible for implementing all sales activities to satisfy customer requests for company contract services within assigned customer base or region. Responsible for obtaining customer orders, administration of company approved uniform pricing policy and works as a liaison between the customer and branch operations group to assure complete customer satisfaction. In most cases will include all service lines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule.
- Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the customers' historical sales or needs.
- Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and potential customers. Submits orders by referring to price lists and product literature.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, three-month rolling sales forecasts (updated and submitted weekly) and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Producing and submitting written proposals and quotations in pursuit of business opportunities using:
- Standard rates and pricing parameters as set forth by upper management; deviation from established rates requires management approval.
- Bid calculation sheets for fixed price and/or unit price quotes using technical and execution detail input from Operations Manager.
- Coordinating the dispatch of crews and resources to support the contracted work with the Operations Manager responsible for servicing the site.
- Providing job specific dispatch documents to support crew assignments.
- Generating draft invoice documents and submitting to administration for data entry into the Invoicing System within three (3) business days of the completion of the job.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules and marketing techniques.
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports and making recommendations to management.
- Prepares customer's personnel, contractors, and other trade factors with product knowledge and selling skills by conducting and/or participating in sales promotion and educational meetings.
- Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
- Has good working knowledge of all company products and services that are available to our customers.
- Learns and abides by company policies and procedures.
- Follows up with accounts that are not current, requests payment, and keeps Branch Manager informed.
- Participates in related industry associations.
- Must possess comprehensive knowledge of financial report structures.
- Must be able to report reliable data by auditing the flow of data, developing check points and controlling credibility of company data.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Requires four (4) years' equivalent practical experience. Bachelor's Degree will be accepted in lieu of 2 years experience.
- Prefer previous sales experience or technician experience.
- Able to create and maintain the daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual sales reports.
- Issues periodic statistical reports of a general and/or specialized nature.
- Ability to complete work assignments and proposals in an allotted time period.
- Able to operate necessary office equipment and business machines, including computer systems.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Work is primarily conducted in a semi-private office/cubicle setting but requires occasional travel to client sites.
- Field duties require outdoor work in a plant atmosphere.
- Interaction with other crew employees, as well as supervisors and client personnel.
- Working in plant and/or shop areas around production machinery with extreme noise levels.
- Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety department for personal protection.
- May be at more than one job site in a day and must be able to tolerate climate changes.
- May be required to travel out of town on a periodic basis.
This job description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of duties and responsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.
- Must be able to walk and climb except when performing non-field duties.
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits employee to communicate effectively;
- Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodations, which permits employee to investigations;
- Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permit the employee to perform routine office duties;
- Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodations to perform office duties and travel when necessary to off-site locations.
- Sufficient personal mobility to maneuver within a refinery or plant environment to include the ability to gain access to elevated platforms via ladders and stairwells.
TEAM Industrial Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please select "Apply Now" to begin filling out your profile information.
Team Industrial Services, Inc. - 21 months ago