We are adding a new position to our established sales regions. Account Managers will help sustain and grow our markets with responsibilities equally weighted in new business development tasks as well established market engagement, administration and sales. Specific responsibilities include:
New Business Development
· Targets potential client institutions of higher learning in an assigned territory to generate marketing leads through telephone, e-mail and follow up
· Qualifies leads, schedules product demonstrations, and works with regional sales manager to achieve territory goals
· Maintains and updates prospect contacts and communications (Salesforce.com)
Market Engagement, Administration and Sales
· Coordinates and communicates the strategic vision of existing customers in the development and monitoring of an account plan. This includes qualifying leads for additional product purchases for existing clients as well as preparing and planning for the campus visits.
· Initiates and assists with client Application Subscription Program renewals
· Administers new orders of existing customers not related to product licensing, such as our TouchNet Ready Program and hardware components.
· Works closely with Professional Services in client service issues, identifying and coordinating key resources for resolution.
· Administers, maintains and updates client communication within Salesforce.com
Qualified candidates will have 3 or more years experience in account management, business development and/or sales. We specifically look for experience in large enterprise, business to business long time-horizon sales and/or higher education industry exposure. Bachelors degree in a related field, preferred. (Note that additional work experience may be a suitable substitute for the degree). Sandler Sales methodology training a plus.