Position: Account Manager
Department: Account Management
Reports directly to: Account Supervisor
Advertising Age ranks Wunderman as the #1 digital and #1 CRM agency in the world. Founded by Lester Wunderman in 1958, Wunderman has 170 offices in 60 countries and specialist teams in social, mobile, data and analytics that add depth and breadth to a full range of digital and direct client solutions. Informed by analytics and insight, our creative content engages the whole consumer—as participant, critic, creator and champion—in always-on conversation and dialogue to propel our clients’ growth. In Canada, Wunderman's key clients are Microsoft, Ford, Kraft Foodservice, Chico's, and Colgate. Wunderman is a member of WPP (NASDAQ: WPPGY).
The purpose of the Account Manager role is to work on assigned accounts, provide effective day-to-day account planning, administrative, production and client service support to account management. The Account Manager acts as a liaison between the Agency and the Client and as an internal liaison between the account group members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Keeps all internal departments apprised of client related information;
- Monitors all production related documents for timing and completion;
- Ensures all production materials are properly circulated to the account management team and to the client;
- Proofreads all production material for accuracy;
- Tracks client production and media expenditures;
- Provides internal departments with the necessary information for accurate and timely job estimates;
- May assemble and collate presentation decks and marketing plans;
- Distributes materials, internally and externally;
- Works to maintain positive working relationships with Client and Agency staff; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, time and self-management skills.
- Detail oriented, with excellent follow through skills.
- Strong sense of initiative and ability to work under pressure.
- Exceptional client servicing ability.
- Strong problem solving and presentation skills.
Education and/or Experience
- Required: One to two years of prior agency experience.
- Required: One to two years experience working on integrated marketing campaigns that include digital, advertising and direct communications
- Experience with contests, on-site promotions or related knowledge an asset.
- Understanding of digital communications including coding, user experience and analytics an asset.
- Minimum of a Marketing, Business or Communications degree or diploma program.
- Comprehensive understanding of general marketing practices.
- Strong computer skills, proficient use of Microsoft Office including PowerPoint.
If you've ever felt the need to "Be a Pepper," you can thank Young & Rubicam Brands (Y&R). As the advertising and...