Posting Job Title: Account Planner
Requisition #: 145369BR
Posting Location: Austin, TX, US
Area of Interest: Ad Sales
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
Time Warner Cable Media Sales office currently seeks an Account Planner. This position serves as a champion and customer advocate for Key and Target Accounts. The Account Planner proactively aligns internal resources within Sales and Marketing to ensure success and growth of specialized accounts. This position is actively involved in the full sales life cycle . Below is a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
The Account Planner focuses 100% of their time on the acquisition, maintenance and growth of Key and Target Sales Accounts. This person at times will be customer facing, but will most often be involved coordinating and overseeing various aspects of the Sales Workflow for such accounts. The incumbent will connect resources within Marketing and Sales to ensure that Account Executives are well prepared to focus on Key and Target accounts in any stage in the Sales Workflow (i.e. Prospecting, Pre call, Post Call, Account Maintenance). Account Planners will report to the Local Sales Manager, but will be very closely aligned with Marketing to ensure effective utilization of all resources.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conducts investigative work and orchestrates Marketing research requests to target prospective key accounts
- Participates in and sets up brainstorming sessions for upcoming client meetings (to include Marketing, AE, Sales Assistant and LSM if applicable).
- Coordinates needs for presentations and or other sales tools with local Marketing team members.
- Participates in and coordinates dry-run set up for client meetings.
- Conducts strategic customer needs analysis with Account Executives to help prepare for client visits.
- Builds programming schedules in Strata for clients (requires intimate knowledge client needs and independent judgment to maximize programming effectiveness).
- Provides feedback and or improvement recommendations to Marketing function regarding results of client meetings.
- Analyze and utilize inventory reports to aid in the development of effective, executable proposals and works as a liaison between the Inventory Supervisor on high profile programming avails.
- Monitors and works with traffic to ensure fulfillment of special order requirements (i.e., auto-fill, priority codes, EDI, client ID's, agency confirmations, co-op fulfillment, etc.).
- Keep detailed reports on all added value, bonus, promotions and trips for quarterly recap to key and super key accounts to aid in contract negotiation and client retention.
- Participates in Strategic Account Management and Stakeholder Mapping with Account Executives.
- Participates in external Sales calls from time to time and becomes a subject expert on Key and Target accounts to aid Account Executives in securing or maintaining business.
- Proactively reviews client schedules/performance and provides recommendations for enhancements (post campaign management).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Sales, Advertising, Marketing or related field.
- One to two years of experience in Broadcast, Cable or Radio Media Buying.
- Experience in Sales and or Marketing or related studies/internships.
- Must be able to lead multiple projects simultaneously, have strong attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and work effectively under deadlines.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to process data and develop conclusions.
- The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate the ability to sell or present effectively to clients.
job code: CBTWC: 6/7/13
- Familiarity with various advertising mediums (television, radio, direct mail, and Internet) and advertising agencies
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and other applications/software designed for various sales research and proposal development (Strata, Nielsen, and Scarborough preferred).
FCC Unit_TWC: ADSW
Controlling Establishment ID: 00343 - Dallas Spring Valley Rd
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...