The Manager of Accounts Receivable for Ad Sales will assist the Director, Finance & Accounting in providing financial and collections support to Sony Pictures Television for the TV and Digital lines of business. This role is responsible for in-depth credit analysis on all accounts for Latin America, the collection of past due balances, reconciliation of cash receipts, and the preparation of monthly status reports. The Manager will serve as the point person between all local markets, internal collections and sales staff, as well as management. They will ensure all corporate policies and deadlines are being followed in a consistent basis.
The Manager of Accounts Receivable (Ad Sales) reports to the Director, Finance & Accounting, but has direct responsibility for providing service to the heads of the SPT Latin America Ad Sales as well as Home Office. This position interacts with all levels of SPT management in home office and Latin America as well as with SPE Corporate Finance. Some travel will be required to visit clients and offices in the region. The Manager will have no direct reports under their supervision
Monthly review of the Aging to include direct follow up of A/R status with all regions Monthly calls and visits to agencies and reps to inquire on remittance status to ensure our cash flow levels are adequately maintained Monitor proper allocation of cash receipts and related reporting such as cash apps and wire instructions Preparation of management reports with A/R status including monthly highlights and challenges for all markets Preparation of aging reports, bad debt analysis, agency incentive analysis, cash forecasts, collections status, and other miscellaneous reports as needed Establish credit limits and payment terms in Landmark and SAP for all clients Centralize the review of debit / credit memos for approval before entry into Landmark for all regions as well as Intercompany journal entries to book adjustment to rep commission revenue Maintain proper documentation in all credit files to ensure that the Record Retention and Internal Audit policies and procedures are followed. Interface closely with Ad Sales, Client Services personnel, and external and internal departments to analyze, collect, and reconcile all accounts for collection.
- 50% Accounts Receivable: Overseeing billing and collections for LATAM region by serving as point person for coordination of day to day matters with collections teams in the market. This role will be responsible for Colombia and Venezuela A/R balances by initiating direct contact with the Reps in those regions. In addition, they will manage the coordination of A/R information with SPT offices who directly handle Billing & Collections in Argentina, Chile, Peru, Mexico, Brazil, Pan Regional, and Central America. Activities to include:
Landmark to SAP billing reconciliations Preparation of cash applications and wire transfer instructions for assigned regions and ensuring the remaining territories show no discrepancies between cash received in bank, wires to channels, and cash applied in SAP Entries for A/R clearing account for Argentina & Venezuela who have collections in local currency Maintaining sub-ledger for prepayments including Venezuela French plans Tracking Other Income resulting from prepayments not consumed Withholding Tax tracking for assigned regions including reconciliation of tax certificates received and monitoring status of pending certificates as well as management of W. Tax A/R for all regions Preparation of Bad Debt Reserve and reconciliation of Accrual accounts Processing commission and incentive payments due for assigned regions Reconciliation of French plan billings vs advertiser consumption. Ensuring that prepayments are properly allocated (Cash Transferred) to the correct advertiser upon consumption. Account analysis and reconciliations to ensure Ad Sales system (Landmark) is fully reconciled on a monthly basis against SAP.
- 20% Month-end Close: Oversee monthly close process for the SPE Networks including pre-close checks to ensure the integrity of the billing and collections information booked in both Landmark and SAP. Activities include:
- 10% Invoicing: Overseeing invoice runs for SPE Networks. This includes reconciliation of pre-invoicing reports to reduce billing errors and processing consolidated invoice registers for the channels. Coordinating invoice submission to clients for all regions including local markets such as Mexico and Argentina who re-invoice locally.
- 10% Digital: Monthly review of Digital billing and collections status with all markets as well as preparation of monthly reports for Management.
- 5% Taxes: Assisting the Director of Finance & Accounting with Tax matters including VAT analysis, withholding tax matters, and related issues arising from the local markets.
- 5% Audit: Preparation of management reports and overseeing all Audit requests.
- Five to seven years of previous finance and collections experience is required, including monthly close and financial information preparation.
- Strong analytical and communications skills required.
- Fluent in Spanish and English, oral and written. Portuguese preferred.
- High customer service required for collections responsibilities.
- Must have the ability to learn quickly and perform well in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized.
- Must have advanced proficiency in Excel; SAP experience preferred.
- An excellent prioritization skill is essential as well as ability to multi-task.
- Ability to make commitment and meet deadlines.
- Proactive, self-starter and independent thinker.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills who is able to work well with all level of employees and is comfortable/experienced working in a multicultural environment.
Education: Bachelor degree is required
- Minimum of five years of previous Accounting experience
- Minimum of three years of experience within the entertainment industry
- Minimum of three years of managerial experience
Monster - 10 months ago
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a movie-making monster. The producer of Godzilla is a unit of Sony Corporation of America, the US arm o...