Odyssey Aerospace Components (OAC) was established in January 2008 and is located in Denton, TX. OAC focuses on business jet interiors and is part of Greenpoint Technologies, Inc. headquartered in Kirkland, WA.
From multiple shipset orders to customized one-off VIP’s, the team has created a culture providing clients aesthetic form with seamless integration. Odyssey specializes in design, manufacturing, fabrication and finish. Offering clients new products, modifications and refurbishments, the team works on Gulfstream, Bombardier, Piaggio and Boeing model aircraft.
Reporting to the President of Odyssey Aerospace Components, the Account Representative drives sales efforts for the machine shop and provide support to cabinetry sales efforts; manages the sales process from start to finish (research, cold calling, onsite meetings, and contract negotiations); and utilizes excellent prospecting, closing, and consultative selling skills to identify marketplace opportunities in and outside of the aerospace industry, engage new clients, and strengthen internal and external client relationships through regular communication and interaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive sales efforts for the machine shop by identifying marketplace opportunities inside and outside of the aerospace industry and engaging new clients.
- Provide support to the cabinetry sales efforts as needed.
- Develop and qualify new leads and maintain strong customer relationships through regular contact with customers on the phone and in person.
- Track all relevant sales activity maintaining Customer Relationship Management (CRM) data, including contacts, leads, opportunities and proposal activity to view a high level sales channel of customer interaction.
- Achieve assigned sales targets by becoming intimately familiar with company products and services in order to promote features and benefits to best serve the end client.
- Deliver features/benefits presentations to key clients in coordination with other company representatives. Prepare and present sales proposals to prospects and lead the internal sales proposal process by creating summary statements of work.
- Review customer statements of work, RFQs and supporting documentation. Work closely with Contracts Manager to apply appropriate contract assumptions and identify areas of risk. Develop negotiation ground rules/boundaries with price, schedule, milestone payments and other contract terms.
- Contribute to a positive work atmosphere by displaying productive behavior and communication focused on building effective working relationships with customers, clients, coworkers and management.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Odyssey Core Competencies
Job Core Competencies
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and accepts constructive criticism/feedback and changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts effectively in verbal and written form, exhibits good listening and comprehension, keeps others informed and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Dependability - Responds to requests for service and assistance, follows instruction and responds to management direction, takes responsibility for own actions and doing the best job possible, keeps commitments, and maintains reliable attendance.
- Initiative - Sets and achieves challenging goals, demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles, measures self against standard of excellence, recognizes and acts on opportunities, and takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, and puts success of team above own interests.
- Work Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, displays commitment to excellence, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, applies feedback to improve performance, and monitors own work to ensure quality.
Summary of Education, Experience & Certification
- Consultative Selling – Qualifies potential customers, builds rapport and establishes trust, asks questions to discover client business needs, applies product and market knowledge effectively, presents solutions that meet customer objectives, and manages and documents sales process.
- Presentation Skills- Tailors presentation to audience needs, engages and focuses attention, presents information logically and persuasively, handles difficult questions and situations and inspires audience to action.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions, and resolves problems in early stages and works well in group problem solving situations.
Bachelors (BA/BS) degree from accredited college or university, minimum five years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must qualify as a US Person which is defined as a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or organization, or a political asylee in compliance with International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Odyssey Aerospace Components is an AA/EEO.
- Experience with CRM, Contract Management Systems; Internet software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work well independently and cross-functionally.
- Strong communication, time-management, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong negotiation and business skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to create reports and write business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Aerospace background and aircraft interior industry experience desired.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
- Ability and willingness to travel as required as high as 50%.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
To learn more about Odyssey Aerospace Components, please see our website http://odysseyaero.com
To see all open positions and apply for this position, please go to our website http://odysseyaero.com and click Careers.