The Account Representative maintains and grows relationships with customers while achieving an assigned sales and growth goal. This position is responsible for retaining existing business, while pursuing profitable growth opportunities.
- Proactively manages strategic accounts regardless of sales channel.
- Penetrates assigned accounts by selling new or additional products to current buyers, finding additional buyers within the existing customer, and/or selling to additional customer locations.
- Develop relationships with key decision-makers within designated strategic target accounts; respected by customer’s top management team.
- Aware and in pursuit of opportunities for account growth and new business.
- Sells the company’s complete offering of products and services.
- Complete detailed SAP and forecasts as required.
- Utilize SMC tools and aids for communication, product research, pricing, delivery, Accounts Receivable, Global Information System, etc.
- Achieve assigned sales plan; and, meets expectations for profitability and market share.
- Organize and complete a minimum of 3 regular training sessions for customers and employees on SMC products.
- Complete minimum of 6 market reports per year.
- Maintain better than career cumulative 85% actual-to-plan sales performance.
- Manage SMC assets appropriately, and be able to clearly write plans for investment to grow sales.
- Completes required technical training (75% on Pneumatic Theory) and development objectives within the assigned time frame.
- Educate new sales reps in SMC’s sales philosophy, strategies, and tactics
- Demonstrate initiative and proactive skills with co-workers, peers, and customers.
- Successfully complete other duties as prescribed by the Branch Manager/Sales Manager.
- Meet and/or exceed assigned sales goals.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Fast paced environment (includes both office and field work)
- Travel with some extended stay away from home
- Physically capable of lifting SMC products and displays up to 50 lbs.
- Varying work hours
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, related technical field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience with SMC or equivalent industrial sales experience
- Extensive knowledge of SMC product lines
- Comprehensive understanding of pneumatic components and their application
- Thorough understanding of SMC policies and procedures
- Basic understanding of competitive product lines
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in use of computer applications (i.e.- typing skills, Microsoft software, AS400, and Lotus Notes)
- Clean driving record
The SMC Corporation manufactures and sells pneumatic control equipment for use in fields that include agriculture and fisheries, as well as...