Job Title : Account Representative
Requisition Number : NORTH-2542
Interest Category : Sales / Marketing
Hourly/Salary : Salary
City : Washington DC
State : District of Columbia
Country : United States
Shift : Days
GROW YOUR CAREER WITH AN INDUSTRY LEADER!
ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE - DC - BI-LINGUAL - SPANISH
Many companies claim they are dynamic, aggressive and provide growth opportunities. At, James Hardie Building Products are all of that and much more.
The floorboards of our business model are simple. We seek communicative, bright, creative, aggressive, driven candidates. We provide excellent training to give you the tools necessary to succeed and launch your career. This is a unique opportunity for candidates who have a competitive drive along with the personal need to be the best at what they do and to be affiliated with and industry leader. James Hardie Building Products is not for everyone. We are very selective of whom we hire. You must possess a strong sense of confidence, leadership, energy, passion, drive, focus and a can do attitude.
ABOUT THE JOB:
- Company vehicle with gas and maintenance card
- Base plus commission
- Home office
- Free medical, dental and vision insurance for employees (starting 1st day)
- Minimal cost for family insurance coverage
- 401k program - 6% dollar for dollar match
- Life insurance
- Disability income protection
- Flexible spending account
- Excellent job training
- Paid vacation and holidays
You will successfully manage an assigned sales territory and report on related marketing activities by conducting competitive market analysis, competitive intelligence, and other sales-related research.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, the James Hardie Account Representative works to strategically target potential customers (distributors, dealers, installers big box customers) to generate and grow new business. The incumbent also positions the Companys value proposition and whole-product solution to the customer to build and enhance strong customer relationships and to become a strong business partner.
Concentrates business-focused selling efforts on customers within the target audience profile to create and retain sales demand for the Companys interior products and positions the Companys value proposition solution to the customer by:
Sells the Companys product to contractors and store purchasing agents via in-store channels (Lowes and Home Depot), on the job site, and at appropriate events by:
- Promoting features and benefits of the products to a target audience, including general contractors, builders, architects, framing contractors, plumbing and/or tile installers through in-person presentations, product knowledge sessions, and/or one-on-one meetings;
- Performing training seminars with Customer Service and Distributor Sales Representatives on an as-needed basis;
- Establishing and utilizing contractor desk relationships to gain sales referrals and/or leads;
- Successfully developing and maintaining relationships with newly converted contractors to ensure product sales;
- Negotiating with store partners for the best product placement
- Bachelors Degree
- 1-5 years of sales experience
- Superior interpersonal and written/oral communication skills with the ability to relate well and cooperate with others to effectively coordinate activities and accomplish goals.
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving, crafting a win-win solution
- - Excellent presentation skills before both small and large groups.
- Willingness and ability to work from home office environment and structure a productive day with little to no supervision.
- Strong self-directed organizational skills to organize time effectively on daily and weekly basis.
- Demonstrated ability to execute on a plan and drive results.
- Valid drivers license.
- Ability to travel overnight (20%).