CBS Interactive, a division of CBS Corporation, is the premier online content network for information and entertainment. Its portfolio of leading brands spans popular categories like technology, entertainment, sports, news, and business. With more than 150 million people visiting its properties each month, CBS Interactive is a top 10 web property globally.
This position is responsible for building the territory’s advertising revenue through focused, rigorous telephone sales activity for The Tech, Games and Lifestyle division.
Develop and maintain a strong understanding of all Tech, Games and Lifestyle properties and products in order to initiate client relationships over the phone. Continually prospect for new clients and pass qualified leads to the assigned Account Managers and Account Executives. See prospects through to completion of the sale on select programs.
Successful candidates will also demonstrate a willingness to take charge and work forcefully to achieve results, despite obstacles. They will set and own an organized, strategic prospecting plan including the following:
- Produce a high volume of outbound telephone calls to advertising prospects
- Prioritize activity in accordance with Product Management’s coverage needs
- Pass qualified leads to Account Managers and Account Executives
- Close business on select programs
- Maintain organized database of prospects and call activity
- Qualify potential advertiser and when appropriate coordinate meetings between outside sales person and clients
- Accurate and timely communication to manager of all relevant information regarding revenue
and/or advertiser relationships
Ideal candidates will have a strong desire to develop a career in Internet Advertising sales. They will have demonstrated experience with team concepts and leadership positions. They will be familiar with the Internet and understand how the web is impacting marketplaces and companies’ business models. They will demonstrate an ability to think creatively, sell strategically, and communicate efficiently internally and externally. They will have a strong desire to win, and to continually develop their personal and professional skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Have the ability to manage stress well, and juggle multiple account challenges at once.
- Outstanding telephone skills
- Demonstrated analytical ability
- BS/BA degree recommended
- High energy and desire to begin a career in Media Sales
- 2 years ago - save job