How to Apply
Service of the Poor. Reverence. Integrity. Wisdom. Creativity. Dedication. These are the Core Values we uphold at St.Vincent Health. If they describe you, you may be a good candidate to join our nationally-recognized team at one of our many Indiana ministries.
To view our job openings, visit jobs.stvincent.org. To apply for a position online, click the "Apply Now" button.
You may also apply at one of our Employment Kiosks. Call our HR Service Center at (317) 338-8640 or toll free at (877) 784-4772 to find the kiosk nearest you.
For more information -- or if you need a reasonable accommodation to complete an application please contact our HR Service Center at (317) 338-8640 or toll free at (877) 784-4772.
The Spirit of Caring
The Patient Account Representative is responsible for billing or follow-up activities related to resolving correctly outstanding debit and credit account balances. Manages assigned population of accounts receivable effectively and efficiently. Responsible for the timely adjudication of third party or self pay accounts while insuring that that the account is paid correctly or refunded correctly. The Patient Account representative provides a proactive, high level, value-added customer service. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
1) Contacts appropriate payers for status of unpaid or overpaid claims to identify and resolve account collection in the most effective manner using payer web sites or making phone contact with e payers on assigned accounts. Validates that payment has been posted to correct account if payer states claim has been paid.
2) Contacts appropriate payers to resolve claims that have rejected or denied or overpaid on assigned accounts. Tracks claims in suspense and claims RTP¿d from Medicare if performing Medicare follow up
3) Responds promptly to payer requests for information to accelerate the payment or recoupment of the account.
4) Analyzes outstanding account balances and payment variances to determines plan of action to resolve.
5) Escalates negative payer trends (i.e. particular payer underpaying claims) or problems in addition to immediate supervision.
6) Escalates difficult accounts (i.e. repeated denials to resolve patient accounts) to immediate supervision ¿ when it appears normal follow up is not sufficient.
7) Maintains knowledge and understanding of third party payer regulations by participating in training sessions and educational sessions provided by Payers and Management.
8) Communicates with internal departments such as Case Management and Health Information Management to obtain necessary information for claim to be resolved.
9) Attends mandatory meetings and completes required education
10) Communicates when necessary with appropriate contact at the local health ministry for assistance with resolving patient account issues (i.e. incorrect codes).
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year of hospital revenue cycle experience
¿ Two (2) years experience in hospital revenue cycle department working in billing or follow up on third party receivables.
¿ Associate's or Bachelor's Degree
As an equal opportunity employer, St.Vincent Health and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent Health and all its ministries are based on merit, qualifications and abilities. St. Vincent Health and its ministries do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have additional questions about your application process, you may contact our HR Service Center at (317) 338-8640 or toll free at (877) 784-4772.
St. Vincent Health
- 2 years ago - save job