Responsible for outside sales, new business development and account management with assigned accounts or branch to support WESCO in achieving its revenue and profitability goals.
Manages quality and consistency of product and service delivery.
This position will call on the customer base in the Bakken Oil market in western North Dakota promoting Electrical Construction and MRO products.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Prospects potential customers, including cold calling and development of leads through referral channels.
- Presents and sells company products and services to current and potential clients.
- Prepares action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and to project the number of contacts to be made.
- Follows up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity.
- Identifies sales prospects and contact these and other accounts as assigned.
- Prepares presentations, proposals and sales contracts.
- Develop and maintains sales materials and current product knowledge.
- Establishes and maintains current client and potential client relationships.
- Prepares paperwork to activate and maintain contract services.
- Manage account services through quality checks and other follow-up.
- Identifies and resolve client concerns.
- Prepares a variety of status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals.
- Communicates new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
- Coordinate company staff to accomplish the work required to close sales.
- Develop and implements special sales activities to reduce stock.
- Communicate to the Inside Sales person all information relevant to a specific customer.
- Attends and participates in Quality Awareness Education.
- Achieves mutually agreed upon sales and gross profit goals on a monthly basis.
- Attends and participates in regularly scheduled product training meetings.
- Presents branch and
WESCO attributes on an ongoing basis including value-added services.
- Associates with suppliers including sales calls on a regular basis.
Perform other duties as required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to persuade and influence others.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques.
- Ability to travel to current and potential clients.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and occasional overnight travel.
- Proficiency skills in using Microsoft Office
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Minimum of 2
years of outside sales experience
- Technical product knowledge
- Experience with industrial accounts
At WESCO, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, vacation, 401k, tuition reimbursement, STD/LTD, Legal assistance, long term care and more.
WESCO values diversity and is an EOE/AA employer.
Wesco International - 14 months ago