Entry-level position for a new employee with proficient account management and customer support skills. Under general supervision the employee will learn techniques to successfully promote and service products and technology solutions within his/her territory. Conduct sales and service calls in assigned area. Actively assist in the sales process, with specific focus on targeted areas. Assist in high-level service meetings and sales presentations to insure proper attention is given to all details of the sales support and service effort.
1. Work closely with customers, Directors of Business Development (DBDs), Client Services, External IT Technical Support team, Marketing managers, Pathologists, Laboratory, Administrative, and other field support personnel to provide the highest level of customer support and satisfaction.
2. Calls on customers to introduce and promote assigned solutions which includes:
3. Executes Customer Retention strategy
4. Actively participates in customer evaluations to insure success
5. Interacts with existing customers to "Add Value" resulting in increased sales and service to clients (Same Store Growth)
6. Evaluates client sites and prepares service strategies & programs to improve revenue, costs and productivity (RCP)
7. Able to demo different technology solutions and advise on hardware & software to enhance work flow efficiencies (Core Skill level)
8. Strategize with assigned DBDs and management personnel to maximize business opportunities.
9. Establish a frequent communication schedule with Sales, Client Services, and management to exchange information on daily and weekly activities. Successfully utilize company business tools and reports (i.e., SalesLogix, BuyMap, etc.) to provide & share information.
10. Develops and maintains "Core" knowledge of competitive products, services, technology solutions, and reimbursement/billing issues.
11. Provides necessary and appropriate post-sales service to accounts, utilizing each opportunity to discover and pursue additional business.
12. Basic troubleshoot, diagnose, and service technology solutions and perform such duties in house, over the telephone, and on site as required meeting "Core" skill level requirements. Setup hardware & equipment configuration.
13. Establish and maintain open lines of communication with key personnel in assigned accounts as related to support on going issues (i.e., installations, upgrades, persistent problems). Escalate support issues when customer satisfaction is jeopardized.
Maintain all assigned company assets including laptop computer, PDA, etc.
14. Submit all necessary paperwork, including travel itineraries, trip reports, activity reports, monthly reports, Lighthouse report, expense, and service reports, as required, accurately and in a timely manner.
15. Demonstrates "Core" level knowledge of anatomical pathology, technology solutions and competitive strategies through the use of company resources, on the job training, in house literature, marketing material, and sales brochures.
16. Meet all assigned targets and goals set by management.
17. Provide meeting and trade show support as required.
18. Perform other related duties as assigned.
1. Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
a. Approximately 60% travel and the ability to work flexible hours when required
b. Demonstrated decision making ability towards solving problems, while working under pressure and effectively communicating these solutions to co workers and customers.
c. General understanding of business policies and practices.
d. Ability to quickly learn and apply knowledge of proprietary software programs.
e. Must be a self starter requiring little supervision.
f. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, Outlook, and general working knowledge of Internet for business use.
g. Demonstrated ability to positively receive and respond to feedback for improvement and development.
h. Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-past, deadline driven environment.
i. Drive for Results (Service, Quality, and Continuous Improvement) – Ensure procedures and processes are in place that lead to delivery of quality results and continually reassess their effectiveness to achieve continuous improvement.
j. Communication – Strong verbal and written communication skills. Willingness to share and receive information and ideas from all levels of the organization in order to achieve the desired results.
k. Teamwork – Commitment to the successful achievement of team and organizational goals through a desire to participate with and help other members of the team.
l. Customer Service Focus – Demonstrate a focus on listening to and understanding client/customer needs and then delighting the client/customer by exceeding service and quality expectations.
2. Education, Certification/Licensure, and/or Experience
a. Bachelor's degree preferred.
b. Previous experience of 3-5 years of successful Sales, Customer Service, Field Service and or Marketing experience is required.
3. Physical Demands
a. Will work at a computer some of the time as well as need to keep inventory and ordering records requiring the use of copiers, fax machines, and PDF scanners.
b. Visual acuity and analytical skill to distinguish fine detail.
c. Manual dexterity to use common laboratory equipment and perform sterile techniques as required.
d. Must possess ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
e. Must possess ability to perform repetitive motion.
f. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
a. Willingness to work shift work and overtime is required.
b. Travel Required (Highlight One): Rarely Occasionally Frequently
c. Weekends/Evenings/Holidays (Highlight One): No Yes, please explain
At times may be required to work weekends/holidays.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Miraca Life Sciences - 2 years ago