Monday - Friday 10am - 8pm
The Customer Service On-site Account Manager will be the key primary point of contact for customer concerns and issue resolution related to One-Way, Intermodal, Dedicated, STM, billing, collections, service, equipment needs, promotions, ad-hoc freight, cargo claims, pricing and proposals. This associate must be skilled in interpersonal relationship management to effectively work at all levels within the SNI organization and within the external client organization. Managerial responsibilities include success, growth and process improvement for the dedicated account. The on-site associate will have direct linkage with the Strategic Client Manager to understand initiatives, the account plan and financial metrics related to the account.
A primary responsibility of this position is to provide support and direction to all on-site office associates at a customer location and to associates and leaders assigned to the account at all other locations. The Customer Service On-site Account Manager position is a key liaison between the Client, Client Manager and various internal SNI functional areas such as Customer Service, Sales, CRDT, Billing, Collections, etc. This associate will assist in promoting and conveying the values and expectations of the customer and Schneider National to all Schneider associates. Ensures entire Enterprise team provides the necessary support to meet and exceed the customer expectations and needs.
Develop and maintain a business partnership with the customer.
2. Create value propositions – understand what is of value to the client and assist in creating value proposition. Develop clear understanding of multiple shipping and receiving locations as well as thorough knowledge of our customer’s top customers.
3. Revenue generation and margin enhancement – support Strategic Client Manager in negotiating price increases, coordinating large bids, pricing reviews, scenario planning, and ad-hoc requests. Understand lost opportunities and assist in increasing business with existing client.
4. Work closely with Area Planners and Intermodal Network Planners to gain a expertise in network flows for all lines of business.
5. Ability to network across all shifts.
6. Conduct periodic sales/pricing/performance reviews.
7. Ensure entire SNI team provides service that will exceed internal and customer expectations.
8. Analyze and recommend changes to existing dispatch systems and procedures to facilitate continuous improvement.
9. Communicate the customer’s needs clearly and accurately to the organization.
10. Keep team members informed, focused, and motivated.
11. Conduct performance reviews, compensation reviews and career counseling for direct reports on a timely basis.
12. Develop, train and reinforce all procedures in conjunction with the site’s scope of responsibilities (i.e. operations, customer service, reporting of results, etc.).
13. Oversee and lead implementation of action steps to deliver key factor results.
14. Ensure a balance of safety, customer service and other SNI values.
College Degree and/two years experience in a related field.
Transportation/Logistics experience preferred, but not required.
Strong Leadership and judgment skills a must.
Strong oral/written communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills; experience working directly with customers.
Initiative and strong work standards.
Ability to lead and influence in a matrix environment.
Planning and analysis skills, ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment.
Ability to multi-task, good attention to detail
the ability to learn quickly.
Analytical and good mathematical skills a plus.
Amount of Travel
2 - Up to 25%
Work At Home
Schneider National - 14 months ago
Schneider is a premier provider of truckload, logistics and intermodal services. Offering the broadest portfolio of services in the...