Analysts within Account Services are responsible for performing a variety of customer related activities for the West Region Pipelines including: 1) preparation and evaluation of monthly invoices in compliance with Tariffs and SOx controls, 2) training internal/external customers about details on services offered, information and reports available, 3) responding to and resolving invoicing inquiries and issues 4) providing guidance and support of the conversion of existing proprietary transportation systems to DART, 5) review and reporting of Account Receivables, and 6) providing technical business solutions throughout the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – Other duties may be assigned. In this position, either directly or through others, the incumbent:
• Ensure customer invoices are processed accurately and timely in compliance with all West Region’s Pipeline tariffs
• Provide timely and accurate responses to both internal and external customer questions and/or issues related to invoicing
• Administers the analysis, inputting, and posting of tariff, discounted and negotiated rates for transportation contracts
• Support Account Directors/Managers in the order management process ensuring they are equipped to efficiently manage deals from origination to collection
• Training of internal/external customers regarding transportation service details, information available to customers, and use of pipeline proprietary transportation systems
• Compiling and reporting Account Receivable information
• Responsible for compliance with all internal SOx controls, including documentation of process flows, identification of risks, implementations of controls mitigating such risk, and evidence of process compliance as it relates to invoicing
• Being part of team to convert existing proprietary transportation systems to the DART platform and related processes
• Fosters strong relationships with all levels of Management, Marketing, AO, Measurement, Rates, Regulatory Affairs, Transportation and Storage Services, Legal, Contract Services, Planning, and Gas Accounting
Minimum Education, Experience and Skill Requirements:
• Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, Engineering or closely related discipline
• Highly motivated individual with the initiative and ability to work through complex issues
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Strong computer skills including the ability to use Microsoft software products extensively and the ability to learn proprietary computer systems
• Must be detail oriented, yet able to illuminate the larger picture
• Resourceful with an ability to gather, synthesize and disseminate information
• Ability to manage stressful situations with critical deadlines
• Experience with existing Kinder Morgan West Region Pipelines proprietary transportation systems’ (Passport/Xpress) Rates and Invoice processes
• General understanding of Kinder Morgan, interstate pipeline commercial business from deal execution, contract administration, scheduling, allocation, rates, and invoicing.
• 3-5 years interstate natural gas pipeline industry experience
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skill Requirements:
• Knowledge of existing West Pipeline proprietary transportations systems (Passport, Xpress), DART proprietary transportation system, and Lawson accounting systems.
• Knowledge of the western region interstate natural gas transportation grids
• Position level to be commensurate with experience
• Office environment (West Region Pipeline Group Headquarters in Colorado Springs, CO)
• Overtime required and expected as necessary, often on short notice or without notice
• Light travel may be expected
• Tasks often on fixed and tight deadlines for multiple, often simultaneous, projects
• Interactions with all levels inside the Company, Customers, and external agencies
Kinder Morgan - 6 months ago
This can get Kinder complicated: Kinder Morgan Management (KMM) was created by pipeline operator Kinder Morgan, Inc. to be the limited...