Account Services Representative (Documentation Specialist)
This is a full time, non-exempt position responsible for the daily operations of each region’s deposit account documentation review and maintenance. This position provides support for bankers in the new account set up and documentation process.
Essential Functions .
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the Bank’s core system, deposit banking regulations, and bank deposit products and services.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of deposit documentation including CIP requirements to review daily for exceptions.
- Daily operations of the Deposit documentation and maintenance processes to include: review of new account documentation, maintenance changes and exception items incoming for review and reporting.
- Review generic e-mails to Account Services daily and respond within 4 hours per STARS standards.
- Send weekly exception reports by e-mail to designated bankers at each location.
- Process daily Time Deposit maintenance reports to include: TD exceptions, TD low balance, TD adjustment code journal, TD zero balance and TD unposted transactions.
- Review daily Adjustment code journal reports for Checking, Savings and Time Deposit applications for any adjustments over $500.00.
- Review for missing deposit documentation.
- Provide support for bankers in the new account process including Checking, Savings, IRA, HSA, Safe Deposit Box and Time Deposit accounts.
- Complete import and review of new accounts opened online.
- Review and complete address change maintenance for all customers.
- Process daily incoming documents in Vision Content Capture for indexing as needed and filing within Vision Content.
- Perform quality control on stored documents within Vision Content.
- Answer banker inquiries and perform support as needed for document issues.
- Perform maintenance based on various deposit reports for occasional cleanup.
- Update HSA contribution limits yearly.
- Handle customer or banker inquiries by solving problems. Ensure each inquiry receives a warm welcome and display sincere appreciation for the opportunity to assist the customer. Always say “Thank you”.
- Effectively communicate with other departments to facilitate a centralized servicing environment.
Additional Responsibilities .
- Assist in backup responsibilities of various Account Service positions to expand job and product knowledge.
- Maintain a professional and clean work area.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties may differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be required. All bankers are expected to follow Bank Secrecy Act and other regulatory requirements related to the position.
Education, Experience, Competencies and Skills .
- Good oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively and positively interact with all internal bank organizational levels and customers.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks quickly and proficiently.
- Self-motivated and eager to learn.
- Basic understanding of deposit accounts and transactions.
- Proficient PC skills, including Microsoft Windows, Access, Excel and Word.
- Good organizational skills.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Regular Attendance
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in bank deposit operations, customer service or finance.
- Knowledge of federal and state banking laws and regulations relating to consumer deposit accounts.
- 1 – 2 years banking experience.
Physical and Mental Requirements .
- Ability to work seated, using a computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to reach, stretch and bend.
- Ability to work with deadlines and time pressure.
- Ability to work independent of daily supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff.
- Ability to work with customer information in a confidential and professional manner.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to carry out complex written instructions.
- Ability to read and understand complex regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
Equipment Used . Computer, telephone, fax machine, ten-key, photocopier, scanner
Working Conditions .
Normal office environment for a majority of job functions.
This document does not create an employment contract. Employees are employed on an "at will" basis and may be terminated at any time.
Landmark Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Landmark Bank - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard