In order to be considered for employment at Merchants Bank, we need to receive a cover letter and resume from candidates.
Our online application system will allow you to upload one document. You may wish to combine your resume and cover letter into one document to upload. Thank you!
This position is Full Time in South Burlington, VT.
Responsible for processing and maintenance of all aspects of the deposit systems in Account Services. The Account Services Specialist must review and interpret documents prior to the actual input to the applicable systems to ensure integrity of the information input on the deposit systems.
Principal Duties and Objectives
May only include some duties listed below, knowledge of all duties expected.
1. Receive, review, verify and maintain Transaction, Safe Deposit and Time
account documentation from branch, departments and customers for data
2. Able to identify missing or incorrect information/documentation and follow
through with appropriate personnel.
3. Accurately enter a variety of bank data such as updates, address changes,
CIF and maintenance changes.
4. Able to verify and track all CIP & BSA; monitor and able to make sound
decisions for any Red Flag’s according to Bank Policy & Federal Regulations.
5. Receive and review all returned mail including statements, ATM/Debit cards,
PIN mailers, Bank correspondence, Safe Deposit Box’s & Loan bills and
6. Maintain knowledge of CIF, Time and Transaction System software, as well
as , Andera Online Account Opening software, particularly with regard to
upgrade releases in order to meet account/CIF requirements.
7. Process customer request s for closing accounts in accordance to regulations.
8. Process CD & IRA documentation according to regulation.
9. Receive & process all F oreign Currency & Checks; work with Fed on rates
10. Act as resource for all Year End interest reporting/processing, including
customer interest adjustments and Savings Bond adjustments.
11. Responsible for all Tin Compliance (B-notice, w8/w9) and review &
notification for annual B-Notice.
12. Responsible for Government notification to Withhold
13. Perform all work in a timely manner according to established policies and
procedures to ensure quality service is provided to customers and employees.
14. Act as a resource person for inquiries from the Technical Call Center.
15. Cross train in other functions of Account Services and train other Team
employees as requested.
16. Maintain the procedure manual for those functions specific to the job ’ s main
17. Participate in/lead any special projects and duties assigned.
18. Perform any and all duties as assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
1. One year of Banking or Financial Service experience preferred.
2. Knowledge/experience with Word and Excel preferred.
3. Ability to organize time and set priorities to meet deadlines.
4. Accuracy and attention to detail thoroughness and follow through.
5. Good verbal, written and listening communication skills.
6. F lexibility to meet changing time demands and work priorities.
7. Ability to work independently as well as a team and work well under pressure.
8. Strong problem solving skills.
9. Professional attitude and appearance at all times.
Merchants Bank VT - 30+ days ago